Because you didn't mean any of it

Allison's P.O.V

Scott told me that my mother tried to kill him that night she was bitten. He kept it from me because he didn't want that to be the lost memory I had of her. I wished he didn't keep it from me. Actually, I wish my mother wasn't dead. I miss her so much but I'm not supposed to. I was trained to keep my emotions in check but I couldn't. I felt it but that doesn't mean I can't hide it. 

I'm not one of those girls that run home crying. Not anymore. Boyd and Cora are out there and I'm gonna stop them by myself if I have to. I need to do this. 

I was in the woods near a ridge hidden in the trees

I was in the woods near a ridge hidden in the trees. I set up a trap with a trip wire. I cut my wrist to put my blood in the trap luring them there. I was sitting on the ridge with my infrared binoculars. I wait until they take the bait. 

Then, I heard twigs break behind me and I take out my knife. I used the binoculars to see a human heat signature. I quickly stood up hiding behind a tree. I heard the person walking up.

"Perfect," I heard him say as he was about to walk past me. I used my leg to kick him but he grabbed it and pick up pushing me into the tree. 

He puts a hand on my throat and pulls a gun pointing it at me. He's a hunter and I smirk. He looks down to see the knife in my hand on his side. If I stabbed him, he'll bleed out in seconds and he knows that. He looks back at me and there something familiar about him. 

"Allison," he said and I started to remember. 

"Hunter Grayson

"Hunter Grayson. You're alive," I said as he backed away. We knew each other when we were younger. 

"I can't believe it. What are you doing out here?" Hunter asked me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. 

"Skye. She is my..." he started to say. 

"You know Skye," I asked him. 

"Yeah, she is kind of like family to me. I'm out here making sure they stay safe," Hunter explained and his phone vibrates. He takes it out looking at it.