Same Class

Skye's P.O.V

Stiles and I brought dad dinner at his office. We need to find out what he knows. I don't want to dig through his head if I don't have. Stiles still has him on diet. Our dad finds that out when he bites into his burger. 

"Oh, what the hell is this?" our dad said with disgust on his face. 

"Veggie burger," Stiles said and he hands me my food. 

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger," he said upset. 

"I told you he would be mad," I said when I took a sip of my drink. 

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy," Stiles said showing me his salad. I order the sandwich. Our dad goes to eat with he thinks is fries but it's more veggies. 

"Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" Our dad asked Stiles as I chuckle. 

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" Stiles said. 

"No, it feels more like ruining to me," I said being sarcastic.

"Could you just eat it, please? And tell us what you found," Stiles said. Smooth. 

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers," he said and I was looking at the board. I bumped Stiles's arm and nodded towards the board. 

"Is that it on the board behind you?" Stiles asked which caused our dad to look at it then to us. Stiles and I were trying to look at it. 

"Don't look at that," he said and we moving to see it. 

"All right," Stiles said. 

"Avert your eyes," he said but I still kept looking. 

"Averting," I said still looking. There were pictures of the victims and arrows. 

"I see arrows pointing to pictures," Stiles said. 

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine," our dad said and we stopped. 

"Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common," he started to say. 

"All three?" Stiles asked. 

"Yeah, you know what I always. One's an incident," he began to say. 

"Two's coincidence," I said. 

"Three's pattern," Stiles said. 

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife. All the same age. All 24," dad explained. 

"Wait a minute, what about Mr. Lahey?" I asked him. 

"Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24," Stiles said. 

"Which made me think that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or B, the ages were a coincidence until I found this, which would be C," dad said handing Stiles a file, "Did you know that Lahey had an older brother named..." 

"Cameron, he died in combat," I said which surprised my dad that I know. 

"But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be," he asked us. 

"Twenty-four," Stiles and I both answered. We all stood up to look at the board. 

"Now, what if same age means class? Did you think of that?" Stiles asked which was smart. 

"Yeah," he said lying, "Well, I would've. I mean, I just got Lahey's file two hours ago."

"Two hours? Dad, people could be dying," Stiles said and I hit him in the arms.