1

A little click was heard down the hallway, a little click of a high heel shoe. Walter spinning in his chair smiles to him self, he knew who it was, he even guessed the color.

"Blue perhaps" he touches his chin, tapping lightly on it with his middle finger. "No no, no....red...yes it has to be red." After all it was her favorite color.

Just has the clicking noise stopped, he spins his chair to looking at his doorway, and he looks down at her shoes. "Yes! Red I was right" he thought, going back to her brown light eyes.

"Hello." She pinched his lips together walking up to him, sitting on a chair in front of his desk, crossing her legs and leaning back on the chair.

"What do I owe the honer too?" He smiles leaning back too, looking at her hair falls gracefully on her face, a black long set of hair with blonde tips at the end, the red she had before faded away about 3 weeks ago.

"Well, can't a girl just come and visit? Or do I need an invitation or an appointment? I can schedule one of that's the case." She was always the sarcastic girl around there. Maybe that's why she got along with Walter so well, he was sarcastic him self, only when it was an appropriate time, and by the business he has, it was almost ever an appropriate time. He always has to have a serious face on, with a hard attitude, and a calm mind. This moment with her, were the only time he had to be sarcastic, the only time he could chuckle, laugh, or even crack a joke.

"Well I'm afraid you do need an appointment, I'm so busy right now it's unbelievable." Looking up at her, with a smirk on his face, spinning his chair again. "To busy for Faith?" She got up and walked over to his desk, sitting on the edge of it, stopping his chair by putting her foot behind his knees.

He look right up at her, as the sun that came through the window hit her cheek, making her hole face glow, he smiles. "Never to busy for Faith" he slowly putts his arm on her thigh, picking up her hand and interlocking fingers, slowly rubbing his thumb over her ring finger, looking at it, letting go a relaxed sigh. He was gonna marry her, he loved her, she was all he had, she was everything to him, he knew he was going to marry her from the day that he meet her.

He would never forget it, a tall, black head waiting impatiently at the DMV, tapping furiously a bundle of papers on the desk, of a man that was talking on the phone. She would try to be polite, trying to interrupt the man's phone call, putting her finger up at him, or calling him Sir many times, but always end up getting a 'shh' or his index finger raised telling her to wait. Walter lost his appointment that day, he just stared at the girl, get more desperate every second, she was beautiful, soft tan skin, little bracelet or watch suntan marks on her wrist, wavy hair put up in a bun, bright pink lips, soft pink cheeks, freckles on the tip of her nose, strong jaw line, she had a black spaghetti strap shirt with red flowers all over it, black jeans with a little rip on one side of her hips, with a purse that look from the area 1980. She was gorgeous. After about 10 more minutes she punched her fist down and yelled to be attending, saying that she wasn't gonna wait any longer, and when the man told her it was an important phone call, she got all her papers and walked right out, with eyes that could kill you.

Walter ran right after her, not being able to let her go. He didn't want to let her go, he at least had to know her name "miss! Miss!" He yelled, but she didn't turn around, she ignored him and keeps walking to the parking lot. "Miss! In the black shirt! Wait!"

"What!" She shouted. Turning around making her hair bun drop a bit, letting free strands of hair fall on her face, getting a few stuck on her lip stick.

Walter stood nervously, he got her attention, but now what? What was he going to say? He nervously started to stutter his words not knowing what he to say, he brings his hand to his head trying to think, looking back at the DMV, only to shout out the most common line. "You forgot your ID!" He babbled looking into her eyes not having a clue about what he was doing.

She sighs and looks through her papers and pulls out her drives linens showing it to him only for 2 seconds.  "You mean this?" With an angry face she turns and keeps on walking to her car.

Mentally face-palming, he ran after her again, this time grabbing her arm, making her turn around, only gaining a push from her. "Don't touch me!"

"I'm sorry I'm sorry!" Quickly apologizes putting his hands up, letting his lips part open, trying to say something but getting nothing out, he just stood there, as if someone was pointing at him with a gun.

"What's wrong with you?" She eyed him confused, still alternated and angry.

Walter takes some air. "The guy over there" he points at the DMV with one hand still in the air. "He's a moron"

"Just like any other DMV worker." She feels her hair bun and pushes up, making the hair on her lip stick get pulled away.

"Yeah, they all suck." he says, trying to keep this conversation going. "You should complain."

"Is that gonna fix my car insurance? No, not like the DMV is ever gonna get better."

"You're right, yes it's true" he mumbles a little, letting his hands go down.

"Okay what do you want?" She eyes him carefully, already prepared with her pepper spray in her purse

Walter didn't have time to think, so he ask what he wanted to know. "Your name"

"My name?"

"Yes, I wanna know your name"

"Why?"

He paused for a second, thinking of this plan, just to realize he didn't have one. "Why not?"

Her eyes were still confused and a little less angry. "What's yours?"

"Walter"

She looked at him up and down, fixing her papers in her peruse. "Faith." She simply walked away to a red 2000 Ford car taking her keys out.

Walter smiles "Faith" he thought, first time he ever heard a name like that. He walks behind her, not wanting to let her to go. "Is this your car?"

"Not everyone is rich like you Walter" putting and emphasis on his name.

"Rich? I'm not rich"

Faith opens the car door putting her stuff in looking at him, putting on some sunglasses. "Not rich? What about that Gerald Genta watch? Or that Louis Vuitton jacket? And I bet anything that dark blue Jaguar, at the end if the parking lot is yours."

Walter looks back, that car was in fact his. "You're very observant Faith."

"Practically impossible not to notice that. Not ever day you see someone like you around here. All clean, with new clothes and a watch that practically blinds you when you look at it."

Walter laughs, her sarcasm was nice. "Well I do well in my business, can you blame me?"

Faith laughs pushing her sunglasses up with her finger. "Bye Walter." She gets in closing the door, staring the engine.

Walter jumped from where he was and jogged next to her car, looking at her through her window. "Wait faith! I... I..." He babbled.

Lowering down her window she looked at him without saying a word "I want to see you again, please, I really want to see you, I wanna talk to you more. Your sarcasm is amazing, I wanna learn." He cheerfully smiles hearing a laugh from her. "Can I please have your number?"

Faith putting her seat belt on before looking at him. "I don't even know you, and you don't know me"

Walter bit his lip saying one last sentence. "Have some faith, Faith" he smiles looking down at her.

That was the trick, that's how their love began.