Foreward

Welcome to the original and somewhat polished version of Something Lost. At this time I am sifting through the entire story. Most of it will remain the same. There may be changes in dialog, ie. added talks and more detailed descriptions.

Changes you will find:

• Story told in 3rd person instead of 1st.

• Some minor plot changes. ie. added dialog, descriptions, and glossary for the Old Tongue language.

• And added artwork, which may or may not be added as I update the chapters.

Alanis Elis - work in progress Art by me, Lis Esler

Art by me, Lis Esler

I wrote and completed Something Lost back in 2012. It's painfully clear that my writing improved as I wrote the story, so the earlier parts are hard to read. I will be editing the first book to pair with the second book in the series, Something Found.

If you happen to be reading Something Lost for the first time I will be editing this particular draft to reflect the polished version. Once edits have been completed I will be hiding this copy as it was the original draft. Please feel free to read this version, but know that there will be changes as I edit. As the parts will be in 3rd person and change to 1st as you read on to the parts I haven't edited.

As always it is very much appreciated if you vote, comment, and follow me if you want to get the latest updates. I do welcome comments and critiques, just don't be rude about them. Thank you!