Prologue

I shake. And stare at the sun, till my eyes burn —
The Voyeur of Utter Destruction(as Beauty), David Bowie

 And stare at the sun, till my eyes burn — The Voyeur of Utter Destruction(as Beauty), David Bowie

(The God King and the three sister goddesses, Reiro, Oaro, and Moras)-LE2018

With every passing year, the gods thumped upon their drums, beckoning those that were destined to hear their call. The beat, once booming and alive, was silenced, muffled in the noise of modern mans development.

Without a capable ear, the gods grew weak, and perished one by one. Leaving only tales of their power, and whispers of a world once filled with magic.

But the strong melody rumbled once more, in one last glorious blow. It set forth a great shock-wave that shook the land. Its song danced over mountaintops, and roared across thunderous plains, searching for a mark that would hear.

And they did...

Darkness surrounded Alanis

Darkness surrounded Alanis. Her hands swam ahead of her, yet she could not see them. Something was pushing her, something that couldn't be seen, but was there all the same. This strange force pushed at her back, propelling her through the dark water she was in with quickening speed.

Her brow furrowed and she squinted as her eyes caught the light of the sun that cut through the surface of the water.

Where am I, she wondered while her eyes adjusted to the light.

Larska River?

It was the only body of water she had ever seen, logically it made sense that it was, and inside she always felt she had some sort of connection to it.

Larska River or not, she had no idea how she got there. The last thing she could recall was taking something for her headache and jumping in bed for the night. That's right, she hadn't felt right all day and turned in early. This was just—

A dream, this was all a dream, she realized as she broke through the water. Her body soared into the sky, flowing as one as with the gentle breeze.