Chapter 46: The Lake

Warning: Suggestive adult theme, sexual in nature. (not heavy) Enjoy. Vote!

I opened my eyes to the underwater world that now surrounded me. The floor of this body of water was illuminated and vast. Aquatic plant life tumbled fluidly in the water's gentle currents, and above them schools of neon colored fish twinkled and soared in glorious quick paced waves. I was amazed that the scenery was clear, though I wondered how and why. When I would swim in Larska River and open my eyes, all I would see were darkened shapes with no definition, nothing this detailed. I swished my head back and looked above. I was in deep wherever I was. The surface was dark, it stretched on endlessly like the blackened skies on a cloudless night.

I was overwhelmed, where did I end up and how was I going to get out of this? My chest ached with those thoughts. I'd never make it to the surface, but I had to try. I wouldn't be able to hold my breath much longer. I kicked my legs and raised my arms above my head and began to swim steadily to the surface. I exhaled and watched as blob of bubbles spluttered from my mouth, they raced to the surface quicker than I could swim. My arms flailed wildly at the water, I grew weary with each thrust. The surface wasn't getting any closer, Why wasn't I getting anywhere?

My arms locked as the overwhelming urge to breathe burned in my lungs. I lowered my eyes to the glowing landscape below and caught a shimmering figure. It swam from the fluttering sea grass rapidly. It was heading towards me.

As it swam closer I could see that it was a beautiful woman, but she was different from every woman I'd seen before. She had the tail of a fish, and it shimmered more brilliantly than the scales of Onobilando, the green of a thousand — thousand emeralds. It propelled her effortlessly through the water.

She slowed as she neared; however, the water that followed her did not. It rushed past me and caught my cloaks like a sail. The torrent dragged me along for a moment until it stopped and when it did, my eyes adjusted to the ethereal woman that hovered above me.

Her arms flew up then gently fell downward. The thin webbing that connected each of her fingers caught the water and pushed her down. She hovered above me and with swift push of her fin she was in front of me. Her green eyes bore into mine, they matched the beautiful scales that lined her fin perfectly. Her stare was neither curious nor hesitant, it burned with a tale of urgency.

"Breathe." She spoke through the water, cutting through it like a voice of an angel. Her dark hair drifted in every direction, in great rippling waves of darkness. Atop her head was a glorious crown made of coral, a beautiful sea flower sprouted from it.

Breathe, how could I breathe underwater?

"Oraur Lahre, hear my words and breathe... Let the water be a part of you."

Oraur Lahre, she could see that I was blessed. Who was this woman, should I trust her? I didn't have the luxury of debating whether I should or shouldn't, I'd simply have to believe her.

 Who was this woman, should I trust her? I didn't have the luxury of debating whether I should or shouldn't, I'd simply have to believe her