III- Tame the Dragon

I cannot forget how he looks at me last night, especially from the time we parted ways after the dinner. His eyes are stick on me and seem his sending me some message that I don't understand. Am I assuming right?

"Are you not taking this lift going up?" A soft undertone question throws at me.

"Oh, Good morning Mr. Corden." Suddenly I realize I was staring blankly at the wall, Yeah I remember I'm waiting for the Lift.

"I can take the other Lift, Sir since you will be occupying this," I answer quickly as I can, trying to hide my embarrassment in the public. I started to look around and check for the next lift available maybe to kill time while he was gazing at me.

" Come on, take this Lift. We are going to different floors so we will fit here and besides only four of us." He utters while smiling at me, like trying to convince me but seriously he looks like a lion waiting to devour his prey.

I blink for a couple of times and inhale deeply before I started walking to the lift. When I came in he moves backward to give me space but enough to block other people from touching me.

He is towering at my back so that gives me an opportunity to smell those wood spice scent with a light mix of aqua scent, Fuck! this so masculine and sexy. Hiding my awkwardness I tried not to move a muscle. I can't wait to go out really my nerves are torturing me.

Looking at the floor level I'm about to go leave this tempting smell roaming in my nose, When I took a step the smell is following me, Seriously?! of course his office is beside ours I almost forgot about it.

I can see the different reactions of the Employees around us while I walk towards my office and he is just behind me. Oh great!! I'm not just talk of the night. I'm also talk of the town now. I tried to walk normal but a bit faster than usual.

I suddenly grab my water and drink as soon as I sat down on my chair, I can't believe this I look pale and sweating.

"Hi Oli, Are you okay Dear?" Ashley's immediate question when she saw me.

" Hello Ash, Yessss... I think I'm Okay" I tied my while I passed her to increase the room temperature.

" Wow, your fragrance is so good... Is that a spice or a men's perfume?" She followed the trail of the smell at my back, and then suddenly pause.

My body tensed as she paused, will she figure out whose scent is this? Oh, no...

" Olivia????" she looks at me suspiciously, something is running in her mind for sure.

" What Ashely? what are you thinking?" I went back to my seat and started my paper works but she still looking at me.

" Tell me Oli, Am I wrong to say that, that scent belongs to Chairman Corden?" her hand is waving while teasing me.

My eyes rolled and then smile as if I did not hear her. She giggles at my reaction and laugh. Gush! I can't get away with this lady. She always caught me off-guard, I have no way to deny it.

" Ms. Olivia?" A woman's firm voice call my attention, when I turn to see her she looks so furious.

" Ms. Pearl? Good morning Ma'am" my voice is shaking while I stood up to greet her. She is the HR Manager of the Corden Holdings.

She slams the paper in my table and yells at me " How many times should I tell you that your deadline is every 25th of the month?" she is pointing out at the papers I submitted to her the other day.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, I was informed by somebody that our deadline has been extended to 30th of this month." I'm holding my tears back but I can't cover my face as it turns red already.

"So you will believe at the gossip? I'm the one who is giving the deadline for we are your client and not just anyone else! If it's hard for you to follow rules then get lost! do you understand?" She screaming and screaming and throwing the papers out of my table.

My head cannot process every word she accused me, I froze where I left standing but I cannot hold my tears anymore I'm erupting inside. I'm about to fell when I saw someone standing at the edge of my table.

"I'm the one who gave her the permission to extend the deadline, Ms. Pearl, If you have any violent reaction then why don't you face me?" He stood so firm and his face is hardened that he shows some irritation on what her employee did.

She quietly stood up in front of him, " My apology Chairman, I did not realize it was you who gave her instructions."

He looks at her angrily as he hardened his jaw, "May I have a word with you in my Office in 2mins?"

"Yes, Chairman." She responded and she walks out politely.

"  She responded and she walks out politely

He shifted his look to me after Ms. Pearl left the room, he came closer to me. I was so surprised when he whispered to me " You owe me a coffee, Later at 3 Pm...." He went out and gave me a wink.

" Whhooaaaa... And what's that for?" A teasing question of Ashley as she crossed her arms over her chest with one brow up.

" He said, I owe him a coffee later at 3 pm.," I replied tiredly and sat back, I didn't mind her giggling with my other colleagues. I'm busy pondering things in my mind and I'm passing out...