VIII- Doctor in Love

'Olivia's POV

When I woke up I look around, the place is gloomy and everyone is running to each other and it felt like there is a chaos happening. Someone familiar approaches me and took my hands and we started running as well like were chasing something that I don't know. He moves too fast that I lost track of him and I tried to call his name but he is nowhere to be found; I recoiled in fear for I' am alone in the middle of the disaster.

My heart was pounding, bitterness and anger piling inside me; " I will never forget this day.......I will remember it forever...." I keep on repeating those words, I wailed to my wretched life.

A hard grip in my both arms pull me back and shaking my body, I was back to my senses when I heard his voice over my ears. "Olivia! Stop! Wake up....." I slowly open my eyes and I felt pain rushing all over me. I was standing in front of the door when I topple down on the floor but he quickly catches me before I hit my head on the ground.

"What's going on?" I gaze to ask him but He ignored my question but instead lifted me up and place me back in the bed, I became upset when I saw the things attached to me has been detached.

"Did I do this?" My heartbeat is increasing, I sleepwalk here?? not again......

"Are you having a nightmare and sleepwalking every night?" He interrogates me while he was busy attaching the things back to me, He looks disgusted over my actions.

Wait! Am I not the one kept on asking here but I don't get any response?! He can go if wants too, no one is holding him back to stay here with me anyway. He pauses for a while and shifted his eyes to me sharply waiting for my response, seems I'm ought to reply by his looks.

" Yes, every night" My guilty answer but that's the truth and that's the reason I don't sleep over in someone's else house.

"Did you see a doctor?" He promptly replies while he was inspecting my wounds all over my body, is he a doctor? Why he kept looking at my wounds, he doesn't have any idea about it. I started to be annoyed at him.

"No, I'm good and I don't need it.." I assured him that everything is okay, after all, he doesn't understand what I have been through. So I want to keep it that way.

After arranging every wire that is attached to me he sat across my bed with legs crossed, for awhile he stared at me quietly. He must be thinking something behind his thoughts so I became uneasy, there must be something strange and I decided to close my eyes facing the ceiling.

"It may be bizarre but I want to ask Who is Cleeve?"

"What?!!" I immediately rouse to anger and mixed emotions stirring within me this time, I furiously walk towards him and stop an inch away but he sat stock-still.

"Don't you ever bring that up, are we clear?" I roared a threatening voice forgetting he is my boss and my only companion right now.

"I heard it many times when you were asleep, You were saying his name while weeping." He looks away after seeing my eyes forming tears. I hardly swallow not of embarrassment but of agony I'm bearing.

Hearing his name and thinking of my past makes me weak and completely lost. I haven't noticed my tears rolling down my cheeks; " I'm sorry to bring this up." He quietly says.

" He is my ex-husband" before I can continue saying anything he grab me to sit at my bed, now he was standing before me and his eye level to mine.

" What happened?" He calmly asks.

"One day he disappears, He said he will go for a drink but he never came back." I halt and shake my head while I bitterly shut my eyes. "Instead he sent me a message that he is not coming back because he impregnated someone chairman."

" How many years from the time he left you? and please call me Nathaniel."

" 2 years ..." I can't believe it I'm telling him my dark secrets or rather a bitter pasts, who would care about it? everyone has there own problems to bother mine. The door abruptly open when the doctor and nurse walk in. The doctor wave at him and he stood back to give way for the doctor to check me but it seems they knew each other.

"Hi Ms. Olivia, I' m Dominic; I'm your attending Physician." He checked my vital signs and my wounds.

"I'm afraid you cannot go back today Ms. Olivia." He utters while he examine my back, "I will come back here later to check you again," he smiled at me and slid his hands from my back to my arm. He caught me off guard so I just nodded in response.

I shifted my sight to where Nathaniel is standing, His body is like a rock yet he is concentrating on what Dominic is doing. Though he had an alluring looks, his face cannot hide his annoyed reaction.