VII - Heart On Fire

Olivia's POV

Days passed by and we are having coffee if Mr. Corden is around, at the same time in same place and on the same spot with the favorite view. We don't talk a lot so it's like a boss going around with the assistant following him.

No fun and not much to expect when this kind of things happen for an employee to have a coffee with the boss but I felt strange when he is beside me. Most of the time we are having silence but the thrill is crossing my body that I don't know how to explain.

"I think I'm just assuming for a mutual feeling which is not possible," I whisper to myself. It's more productive to focus on my work rather thinking about him all day, trying to convince myself to stop imagining things.

"Oli, I will send this mails so I will leave you for a while." Picking up the mails from her desk, Maggy doesn't have any idea how am I frowning on my thoughts.

"Yes Maggy, I will take a break when Ashley come back." Assuring her that I'm so attentive to every detail of her instructions she gave me while she will be away.

I yawn at my desk for I don't know what will I do to avoid the chairman the next time he wants to have a coffee with me. "I must end it, I must end it." I keep on repeating to myself as I lay my head at the table and feeling to pass out.

"Olivia!!!!" I can hear a voice behind my ears but I cannot move my body nor can open my eyes.

"Olivia! Answer me where are you?" I can hear things getting thrown around the room, "Olivia please answer me if you are here!" I can hear him saying this words and I want to scream. I screech when I felt hot things falling apart and hitting on me. Smoke everywhere and I tried to breathe but I'm suffocating, I knew then that the place is on fire.

Somebody grab me and all I knew is we were running down the stairs, when I open my eyes I can see his figure. He is gasping and sweating while he carried me in his arms, I stare at him until I pass out again.

I don't know how long am I laying at the hospital but when I woke up I'm wearing a hospital gown. I freak out when I saw him seating in front of me and peering on me.

"Who remove my clothes!?" My sarcastic question while I furiously grab the blanket to cover my revealing flesh.

"I should expect that is a thank you, and to your question, it's the nurses who torn your clothes because you are covered with ash." He's scornful reply on my accusation.

"And your welcome Olivia" he mocks.

I felt ashamed of my sudden accusation when I remember he saved my life from the fire, the last thing I remember is when I pass out at my table.

"Thank you.." my undertone reply while I look at him in the eyes. Seems he is waiting for a gratitude.

"Thank you for saving my life.." I added even I know that he risks his life to save mine. It's more than an appreciation, I see kindness behind his savage reputation. I can't believe he is far from what I knew, a moment of silence fill the room until the nurse came in to check for my wounds.

 I can't believe he is far from what I knew, a moment of silence fill the room until the nurse came in to check for my wounds

I cringe when she rubbed my arm with a liquid solution, I heave when I saw my skin was lightly burned. If he arrives late maybe I have been burned in many degrees or worse I did not survive the fire.

I stared at every inch of my bruise and wounds when he stood up and sit beside me in the edge of my bed; He took a damp cloth and started to wipe some of my wounds. I gaze at him as he gently dabs it without looking at me.

My eyes wide open in surprise that he was very gentle and careful indeed, " How do you know this?" I ask softly.

"It's simple; First aid..." He grins while he reached for my feet and wipe it carefully.

I blushed and beam with the pleasure of looking at the Chairman cleaning my feet, I want to giggle but I tried hard not to show it. Heat stirring inside me every time he touches me, I choke in my embarrassment when he saw my reactions.

"There,... It's clean now and maybe you can go out tomorrow." He collected the trash out and adjusted my bed so I can lay comfortably. " Is there a family who can visit and look out for you?"

Family, to visit me? My ex-husband is the only family I have before and left me, now I don't have anyone; I don't have a family perhaps. I kept quiet thinking how life is hard and tough for me.

" I'm okay, Thank you for attending me and for the help. I do appreciate it." My last statement when I close my eyes. For the thought, he already left and I keep on switching my body in the bed for what position where I can be more comfortable with.

" Don't keep on moving, you will add trauma to your wounds." I instantly leap over when I heard his annoyed voice, I turn to face him who is now towering beside me; he looks Irritated by my movements.

"I thought you left already?" I raise my one brow in confusion.

"I'm staying, seems you have no family at all." He sat back across my bed and close his eyes out of tiredness. I observe him carefully without making a sound, his manly figure and his strong arms carried me. I want to remain awake but I can't help to fall asleep, my body is asking for more rest.