V- Heart Beat

"Nathaniel Corden's POV"

" I always love the taste of this wine the never changing aroma." Facing the nice view of the sunset while drinking my favorite wine and enjoying the cool breeze. It's been a long time since I knew love perhaps how to love and to be loved.

Gazing at the view in front of me is no compare on how her face gives me the thrill to hold her in my arms. I can see her from afar but I cannot come close we are only passing by with each other, If only she knew how I want to see her every day, every second and I want to be with her.

What is happening to me? Isn't this what I want? I smirk at my own stupidity, after all, I put her into the pressure of my company now I will say I'm into her? My life evolves in career and business nothing else so I cannot give in with this trap or whatever.

I received a sudden call from the hospital which I answered quickly, " Yes, I will be there in a few minutes." picking up some of my clothes and brought an extra shirt if in case I cannot go back early. I rush into the car and drive as fast and safely as I can when I arrived at the emergency area a group of people are weeping and comforting each other, I stand for a while to observe what is happening when finally a nurse approach me.

" Doc, we have a VIP patient that needs your help. He fell to the floor and hit his head in the handle of the tub." The nurse explaining what happens to the patient and his current status, I interrupted her " Where is the patient now Steve? prepare these things for me in 3 mins I'll go to check him."

Without any objection the steve rushed to pick up and prepare the things I need to check for the patient, I've been a doctor for a while and I love what I'm doing even a few only knew my true identity besides I want to keep that way.

" Doc, Please save my husband's life. I'm begging you please help us, I'm willing to pay any amount just for him to live" She is sobbing while trying to beg for her husband's life.

"I will do whatever I can do Ma'am but I need you to understand that The Human Brain is extremely fragile, I cannot promise anything yet but I will do my best to help him." Knowing that I don't know if I can save her husband's life but that's what doctors do, trying to save lives.

After a long operation, I was so exhausted and I cannot report to the office, I let my secretary run the errands for me because I need to rest. While looking at my phone I feel I'm passing out I just have enough energy to reach for my favorite pillow and snuggled up.

 While looking at my phone I feel I'm passing out I just have enough energy to reach for my favorite pillow and snuggled up

"Good morning Doc.." Steve's warm greeting, while handed me the patients record. I check everything and look at him, " This a good news, how is the patient?" I know that the operation is successful and he will live.

"He is not in his private room Doc together with his family, he is absolutely fine now. Thanks to you a very expert Neurosurgeon in this state." I smiled at his compliment but I cannot suppress the happiness I felt inside me.

"Well, let me add that's Neurosurgeon on call.... and I will take that as an inspiration and a compliment of course" I chuckled and left the nurse station to visit the patient for a morning check routine. I'm impressed by the patient's improvement but I admire more the wife's unchanging love for her husband truly in sickness and in health.

Right after I instruct them for the next step I quickly move my way out and I noticed someone is following me and calling me, it's the patient's wife that call my attention.

"Doc, I want to thank you for saving my husband's life... You don't have any idea how this means to me, to have him for another year maybe and hopefully for long more years with us." Her eyes started to be teary and her hands are shivering.

"No worries, please take care of each other while you still have the time because life is precious," I reply abruptly, wait? where that comes from? did I really say that? unfortunately yes those words are from my mouth, Great! Now I'm the one who is giving advise.

She smiled and went back to their room while I was stunned by what I said I sat down for a moment and ponder what life is will be without any meaning.

"This is nothing if no one cares for you, no one will be there if you need them and no one will be there when you are happy or sad." I hardened my grip to my stethoscope, I'm a Neurosurgeon and a businessman but I'm not satisfied... I'm longing for something, I know something is missing.