XXXV- Prison Cell

Marco released my hands collapsing me on the ground. The hard floor is too painful for my back but it temporarily eases my agony and not too long when He pulled me angrily and pushed me into a low lightroom.

I withdraw myself from his grip almost immediately and randomly run to one of the corners of what I thought a room but I would rather call it a prison cell. A glimpse of relief escaped from my mouth that I almost forgot that he was still there staring darkly at me.

"Marco, please let me go.." I beseech him to let me go, thinking it would help to extend my life to what I assume on the verge of death by now but instead he grabs my neck and pushed me to the wall looking at me lustfully.

"I like you begging Olivia,......I want to see you beg more" I was thrown from his grasp and landed solidly on the rough cement pavement. In a minute he disappeared from my sight.

For what I thought a moment of relief was hampered when Shirla grip on my hair tightly causing me to scream and struggle which only resulted for more pain.

"I've been waiting for this moment, Olivia!" She whispered in my ears while pressing a hard metal into my neck. The pain stings over the surface of my skin that I began to panic, my heart increasingly pounding over my chest

"Please... please... stop, What did I do to you?" Desperately begging her to put an end in torturing me for I don't know what have I done to her or to them.

"You want to know what you did?!" She simpered grabbing the chair and adjusted facing me. "And you will never like it." She added.

"Please can you give me an answer?" I wanted to tell her. Tears streamed down my cheeks, the pain is burning through my eyes.

"You see, in this world Olivia, some things were born for you and some things you have to work for it. I wasn't one of the lucky people who got the privilege to live lavishly so I have to work hard for it." Her tone became serious at this time, her face shows differently to what Shirla I knew.

"My mother is one of the poorest from this place, to be exact. She is one of the many maids for Corden's Family, only her advantage is she is the trusted maid of Nathaniel's own mother.

My eyes widen in disbelief that she came from this place too and the same goes with Marco. I bit my lips, too afraid to anger her and stir up the pain to be inflicted on me sooner than later.

"I always admired Nathaniel since even when we are young, Promising myself to make him mine someday. I go to school to where he was, dine where he eats even I knew my mother cannot sustain my needs but I still made my own way.

"Eventually, I made him fall in love with me but he refuses to commit to me as he wanted to be a Doctor." She laughs Hysterically looking at the ceiling.

"What a fool I've been that I'm more than willing to wait until he is ready considering her mother has just passed away, expecting that day will come. But it never did Olivia! Never! I waited for years! But it never happen!"

Her eyes and voice were raging, as though she was blaming someone for the love she never had. Instead of laughing at her misfortune I was moved in compassion on her situation, I'm having a mixed feeling right now.

*******
Authors Note:
I'm quite guilty about Shirla, after all, she is just in love with him.😢