XXVI- The Grand Cordovia

...

A couple of hours passed and I often caught him glancing at me while me staring at the window watching the views, I suddenly felt sad to think I'm away from home now.

Away from Nathe....

"Do you like what you see?" He sat next to me and handed some sweets. I quickly took it and nodded in agreement.

"We are approaching my hometown" pointing on the place. it's too far for me to see, I look closer to the window but there is no village found but grey dark clouds.

"There's nothing in there Marco" I riposted back with confusion.

"That's because you are not looking at it babe" he squeezed my face and move back to his inclining seat. I look again and waited until the blurry phase becomes clear and my eyes widened to see how beautiful the place was on the top view.

The sightseeing was cut short when the captain announces to land., hurriedly I grab the seatbelt and tighten the lock, turned to my companion whose legs were stretched out in front of him and hands behind his head.

"We are about to land Marco Silvero, don't you want to wear any seatbelt?!" my defence to cover up my anxiety and a little fear of heights.

Instead of taking heed on the warning he grins and whistles while crossing his legs. "Unbelievable!" rolling my eyes and tsk at the same time.

-----

Even from afar, I can recognize his family waiting for us. As get closer, His Grandma welcomes him with a huge hug.

Laughter is now everywhere in the air, "hmm, this is Olivia, " everyone turns to me and quietly waiting for the next word he will say.

"Hi" I tittered on the situation yet I manage to greet them. They wave their hands in return but still waiting for any turn of events. Unsure of the next thing I look at Marco who stood behind them.

"She is the representative of the Corden's holding and currently located in my office." He narrowed his eyes to me while uttering these words. A few seconds of silence and they smiled at last. Marco took his baggage while his family walk me through the car.

They ask some questions and I began to feel to be comfortable with them. Marco opens the car for me thinking they will join us as well but to my surprise, they took another car. Which left me and him alone.

Just now we are doing good and now it seems we have awkwardness inside the vehicle so I kept my mouth shut for a while. My curiosity is calling me to ask him why he looks so different when he mentioned Corden's holding but having the hint that this is not the right time. So I remain silent.

"How do you feel here?" His steady tone.

" It's good... Nice to be somewhere new." my plain answer, I don't want to fight his mood swings right now.

" Uhm. Good, we'll grab some clothes for you before we head back to my place." His eyes were fixed on the road, he didn't even glance at me. Something is not right, my inner me is telling I didn't do anything to upset him.

I noticed most of the stores that we passed by has the Corden Holdings logo, seriously? Did they extend their business until here? So greedy...

After picking up whatever we need we drove straight to their house, I was in shock as we enter their front garden that leads to their mansion painted in mint green and white.

"Is this your house?" my head pop out of the window and looking on the surroundings.

"Nope, It is my Grandparents house." pulling his seatbelt and losing mine who don't bother what he is doing at all.

"Come, we have a lot of catching up to do" He quickly get out, "I will get your things later". agreed without any word. We passed through many doors until we arrive in a Big hall where people are celebrating, chatting and having a good time with each other.

I'm not used to crowded events like this so I take a step one at a time noticing everyone until Marco is out of my sight, I pause and look around but he is nowhere to be found. Strong hands suddenly grab my shoulders and pushing me forward by force. He never let go of me and actually a relief it is.

We abruptly stop in front of a large table where the foods are placed, no not the presentation in the table I first notice. It was his family who is seated and staring blankly on us. His grandma introduces me to everybody, took my hand and led me to a chair seated across Marco.