XII - Pay the price

Olivia's POV

"He paid for my bills? That's a lot" talking to myself while I prepare for our lunch. I can't move on that Nathe paid my bills.

Does he really mean we start again as good friends? How will I know it's another trick from him knowing he is rude to me from the first time I knew him.

I have a lot of bad experiences with him but still he saves my life from the fire and he stayed with me in the hospital, he runs the errands for me and attended me.

I still owe him a lot, his kindness is way better than his rudeness to me. Maybe I just barely knew who really is, the real Nathaniel Corden.

"I' m done.." After preparing the table I walk through the living room and found him sleeping in the coach. I stared at him for awhile, he must be very tired.

Watching him sleeping is like watching a baby who is in deep sleep, I don't want to disturb him resting but he needs to eat.

I bent slightly to him just enough to reach his face, I hold his arms and was struck that he had a soft skin.

"Lunch is ready.." I whisper to his ears. He growls and stops until he realized he is not in his house. He immediately smile and looks at me.

"Can you do that again?" Pointing to his ears... My eyes wide open and I immediately stood up.

"The food is waiting, Alert!!" I said with a snap. A wave of excitement is hovering me, Though I'm not in-front of the mirror I can say I'm blushing so much.

"Wow... did you cook all of this?" He smells each food and he looks enjoying the presentation.

"Don't be deceive by the looks.." I chuckle while I took the foods. He froze when I put some of it on his plate. I don't mind serving him, I'm happy to do so.

"Did you do this all the time?" He is no longer enthusiastic, I can feel the seriousness in his tone.

"What do you mean?" I got lost in his question, what is he trying to ask? Me doing the house chore or me doing the serving?

"I mean do you always put the food on someone's plate" he frowns..

"I'm sorry if it's not nice for you." I Paused When I realized I'm so stupid to do it... "I just want to be kind.."

"You don't have to be kind to everyone, someone will stab you without you knowing it." His face hardened while looking at me.

"Ooo-ookaay..." I lost words on how he emphasized the sentence. I remember someone who did it to me and I know he is telling the truth.

"Olivia," He reaches for my hands trying to call my attention as I look impassive at the table chewing my food. I don't even remember what did I chew, I know I'm chewing something.

"Hmmmm...??"

"Olivia, I know you are a kind and caring person.." he clarifies, yes Im too kind to be dumped.

"Yes, I'm too kind to be dumped..." I did not notice I'm saying and repeating what is in my mind, I'm blankly staring at the table while I talk to him. I don't want to face him either.

"Do you want to know the truth why did I ask you?" I look into his eyes when he said those words... I did not give any answer but I waited for the answer.

"I don't want to be used to it, I like how you treat me just like this." His pointing out to the lunch I prepared.

"You don't like the taste?" Im so confuse that I cannot get his point. If he can only elaborate on his statement. I would really be glad.

"I like how you treat me, how you put these foods in my plate." Well, thank you for expanding the sentence and elaborating things for me. I slightly get it but why does he suddenly so serious?

"But why are you so upset Nathe?"

"He ask again..She nodded her head in agreement to me. Seem's she is digging the whole thing in my heart.

"I like you, Olivia... that's the truth" he swallowed hardly... "I like the way you care for me. And I may look for it every single day."

My emotions are mixing up, something is building inside me. I can feel the intensity of his words.

"You are a treasure that none can compare Olivia.." He began to eat but still staring at my reactions. I reluctantly look at him while I ingest the food.

"I would like to let you know no one can stop me." He retorted back to me.

"What? Are you crazy? You know I'm Divorce!" I yell directly to him so he can stop those lunatic ideas.

"So?!" He rolled his eyes while waving his hands.

" I told you no one can stop me Olivia, not even you." He hissed.