XI - From the Start

Nathaniel's POV

" Nathe is here to assist you, you're so lucky to have him here; he is an expert doctor than me." I was struck upon hearing these words, I know I must tell Olivia the truth but I wasn't ready at all.

I swallowed hard and think how to start revealing everything to her, I don't want her to stay away from me so I have to choose my words wisely.

"Nathaniel?? Aaa--Are you a doctor?" She interrupted the thoughts humming in my mind, my heart started to pound in her interrogations.

"Yes, I'am.." my undertone answer as I gaze at her. I don't know if I should be proud of it right now as I've always been. One thing I'm so sure I don't like telling her about my career at this moment, not in this situation.

" That's why you knew things more-than a first aid do." Her eyes wide open in amazement as she processes the things I've done. I just nodded and walked closer to her.

"I'm sorry if I hid things from you, I..... I just wanted you to know I'm the chairman and not as a doctor." I look away while explaining things to her. I'm guilty of what I have done and what I acted.

" You don't have to be sorry Nathe, you are..." before she can finish saying something she looks at me and her face turn to red.

My eyes narrowed in confusion as I waited for her to finish what she is saying, she is just peering at me. She hesitantly shifted her eyes from me to the wall...

I lean my head closer to her as I slowly move her head to face me. As I level my eyes to her my desire to have her has been intensified. I'm so captivated when I can feel her breathe.

"Olivia, I know we don't have a good start." This is it! I have to vanish my pride if I want her to be mine.

"Perhaps we can have a redo?" That's all I can say as I began to startle on my own words.

"From the start?" She asks quietly.

"Yes, from the start" I whisper to her ears and leave for a while.

I went for a walk for a while, pondering a series of events. my longing for her never ceases; I need to control myself or else I will become obsessed with her. Am I not? I want to show her that I' am not the man she thought I'am when we are in the office.

"Oh, heart! I'm getting crazy!" I put my hands to my forehead in unbelief.

Dominic visited her briefly this morning and we are good to go, I went off to settle her bills secretly. She may have funds to pay the hospital bills but I felt responsible for her life. Thinking that money is not an issue for me.

We are packing things as we prepare to depart and I abruptly inform her. "Olivia, I cannot let you go back alone. I will drive you home." Without any hesitation, she agreed with my statement, gosh!

If only I can bring her home and stay with me forever.

"I will settle my bills first Nathe, I will be back and then we can proceed on our way." She rapidly walks out leaving me speechless, I haven't informed her that I already paid everything.

"Nathaniel!!! Why did you pay my bills?" She yells while she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows in disbelief. She impatiently waited for my answer.

I laugh at her reactions though she looks disgruntled at me, she is so cute when she is pissed. "What?!" She added, she was annoyed already but I can't speak because I keep on laughing.

" It's nothing Olivia, my pleasure to help you."

I wink at her.

She dodges and pick her things to vacate but she shows annoyance on what I did.

She directed the road for me until we reach her home, I entered her house and look around. Not bad this place is well maintained and she has cute little pups...

"You live alone?" I curiously ask her with My eyes exploring her house.

"Yes, and my family." She pointed to her pups while cuddling each one of them. Her happiness is so simple, hug each one.

I silently laugh as I stare at her chasing her pets one by one. Suddenly she turns to me.

"Do you want something to eat Nathe?" Her hand is on her waist while asking me.

" Coffee perhaps?" I hand her the medical papers which stating that she needs to rest for a couple of weeks until her health fully recovered.

"I will cook for lunch, and you have to eat" She ordered me, I assume she is still mad at me about her bills.

"As you said so" I teasingly answer her while I fold the hospital receipt.

She rumbles as she proceeded to her kitchen, I immediately follow her.

"Maybe we should order for lunch?" I suggested but she disagrees with my options, she started pulling out foods from her refrigerator.

"Okay, so let me help you" I grab some vegetables and tried to peel it but then I realize she was observing me.

"Yes?"

She guffaws until she hardly breathes, I was amused by her reactions. It's my first time to watch her laugh like hell.

"Come on, the doctor is trying to help the patient.." I tease her more until she laughs and laughs... she is trying to say something but I can barely hear it.

"Doc, let me do the cooking okay?" She took all the veggies in my hand and she copped them one by one.