XXV- Falling into the Pit

I arrive early than usual today and heard Marco speaking on the other line.
"Yes, we are having a great time." He smirks over the phone.

"I'm almost there.. if not, I will take it by force. No matter what" My heart is throbbing upon hearing these words. Is he talking about me? By force?

I accidentally dropped my keys on the floor and he became silent for a while, And I even lost control of my balance that causes me to wobble on my own feet.

"No.... it shouldn't be me while picking up the keys" and Now a pair of shoes standing beside my table.

"Olivia?? How long have you been here?" He annoyingly asks. What is wrong with him now? After a few weeks that we are good? Suddenly he became resentful?

"I just arrived Marco, trying to open this drawer.." lying while Picking up myself from the floor. Oh no, I forgot there is a CCTV on the corner of our office.

"Okay.." he walks out immediately. okay? Is that all he wants to say? Okay? No, I'm not okay.

After the incident Marco goes back as normal as nothing happened, a joyful and a happy man. Still, I'm trying to figure out what is the conversation is all about.

"Is it about me?" My mind won't stop thinking. Gush! This should be stopped!

"Hey, Olivia.." A quick knock on my table that causes me rattle.

" Hi. Hi... Marco. Hi.." I scratch my forehead in puzzling myself back. I am in the middle of contemplating when he unexpectedly arrived.

" Wow. That's a lot of Hi" he chuckled entering his office. I quickly check my calendar and If I am not wrong, He supposedly out of the office today. I move my head a bit forward to see what he is doing in his office.

Then I realize he is wearing Jeans and a rugged T-shirt, he suddenly looks my way and I immediately withdraw in embarrassment. Even he is inside I can hear him laughing at my own stupidity.

"Are you busy?" Not long when he caught me sneaking at his room when he appeared in front of me. Well, I am pretending to be busy, "Not so much, and I thought you are not coming here today?"

"Nah, I forgot something.." He waives his hands and showed me the gift. "I want you to come with me since it's a long holiday.......... " I am speechless from the time he forcefully invited me.

"Let us Spend the holidays wisely Olivia" he sat in my table with one foot on the ground. He seems like waiting for my answer.

"Can I say No?" My irritated reply while grabbing my things.

"You know I don't take no for an answer" he snatched my arm and pulled me until we reached his car. "Where actually we are going?" I know I should have asked this before following him but frankly, I'm planning for a short vacation as well but at least I should know this trip.

"To my grandma's house in Cordovia." He exclaims.

"Wait?! What?! Cordovia????!" I started to panic knowing this will be the farthest Place I will ever be. " Do we need not to get some clothes and some of my things first??!" Instead of enjoying the time I'm more worried about my personal needs.

"Relax, We will shop when we arrive there" He never waited for my answer and started the car, I felt terribly defeated to think we need to stay there for a week. No clothing, no things And no girly belongings only a handbag.

We stopped in front of a private plane in the airport and gracefully He assisted all the way to the cabin. I can't hide the admiration of a simple yet elegant designed aircraft.

"Such a nice Plane" I look back and smiled.

"Nathan's aircraft is quite bigger, maybe nicer" He scoffed and smiling but not joyous enough.

"It's my first time to ride in a private plane so I must Thank you though." Diverting the story to avoid the situation of talking about Nathe and me. After all, I want to enjoy this short vacation.