XXVII- The Portrait

A lot of stories and cheering echoing inside the room, I happily listened to everything when someone mentioned his father's great love in life. Everyone blushed and change the topic right away.

Marco's face tense and stood up ready to leave the room, "Marco? Why are you in a hurry? Leaving soon?" A grey-haired woman seated in a long bench questioned him directly.

"No Aunt Shelby, too tired to stay up after a long journey back home." So this is his aunt? A beautiful age woman, still attractive even the wrinkles are visible in her face.

"Are you lost on your way home that you felt tired and exhausted Marco?" She never gives a damn thing on him by her remarks. People are anxiously looking at each other, He raised his eyebrow and before he could respond to her. grandma stood up and mashed his back.

" Unfortunately No, so if you may excuse me" In a few second his out of our sight.

"Shelby, Let us talk privately." Pronounce by the grandma who disappointedly enters a room covered in glass and followed by his aunt. Although no audible voice can be heard their actions are Obviously fighting each other.

I took a few finger food and made my way out to breathe some fresh air.

Now I'm Standing in a wide terrace in front of a captivating view of a mountain is priceless, I closed my eyes and feels the cooling wind that touches my skin. It took a few moments and slowly opened my eyes.

"Olivia..?" an old woman's voice calling my name, when I turn to look. I can't remember if we met at the party.

"Yes.." without any doubt that's me.

"Come, Follow me.. I'll show you your room." She smiled gently. From the back I can't help to admire her ways, she is so graceful indeed.

"This will be your room" An old wooden room that is well maintained. Shiny, spacious and so elegant room.

"Thank you so much" Would it be nice to ask her name? Or just leave it as this way? She must be the head helper because shew new things kept in the cabinets.

"Please tell me if you need anything okay?"

"Yes, thank you so much." She nodded and close the door before I could have ask her name. After a long day I feel sticky and smelly so its time for me to take a shower.

I hit the bed right after The relaxing bath. My body is now calling me to rest and no more time to waste, "hmmpp... Such a nice bed.." slightly I moaned and forgot about my companion.

---

"Good morning" a bright day, a shining smile.

"How's your sleep Olivia?" The grandma ask while stirring her coffee. Wait, didn't I get their names? The graceful woman is here serving the breakfast but I don't know her name either.

"It was a pleasant sleep Ma'am." Where the hell is Marco? Why he left me here to be scrutinised?

"Oh please, call me Gran Dorothy.." finally, she told me her name. "And Shelby, wanted to take around the City."

"Thank you Grand Dorothy, I would love to see the City" Quickly I finished my food and Hurriedly went to my room and fix myself.

I remember Marco, he must have not eaten his breakfast yet. Poor boy, I should take some food for him

I grab whatever breakfast I can get and put it in a tray, when I'm ready to leave the kitchen I saw him sat in the dining table.

"Good morning" Rashly I put the foods in front of his tensed body like he was on shock, aunt Shelby must be waiting for me by now. Speedily I attempted to leave when he clutch his fingers in my clothes.

"Whats so in hurry Miss Olivia? And why are you serving?"

"Let go of me Marco, Aunt Shelby is waiting for me" I struggled to take my clothes off from his grip but instead of loosing it out he pull it even stronger.

"What?!! Where are you going?" I really don't have a time for this question and answer portion.

"They are going to the Mainland Marco, sightseeing my boy." His brows meet each other in disapproval.

"You heard gran Dorothy Marco. Bye!" He was left speechless by my actions but I heard Gran Dorothy chuckled.