X - Bitter truth

Dominic's POV

Nurse: Doc, we have an urgent case right now. Doctor Nathaniel carried the patient, your presence is requested in the emergency room right now.

I rushed to the emergency room and find my senior Doctor at the edge of the bed, he was assessing the woman's body who is about the age of thirty's, covered by ashes and burns.

"Doctor Nathe, let me help you." I immediately grab my stat and monitor the patient. I stare at her face for a while, her face is covered with ash yet she is gorgeous.

"Nurse, tear her clothes apart we need to check her body." The nurse grabs her clothes right after I ordered them.

Other parts of her body are burned with wounds everywhere, while I check her severe wounds one by one ; Nathaniel is observing me, he must be very conscious on me as a doctor or on her as a special someone.

"Is she you girl Doc?" I quietly ask him.

He gapes on what I said but He kept silent for a moment. Then he moves his head in disagreement with my question. So I guess I still have the chance to make her as my girl and why not be the woman I can spend my life with.

I promised myself that if I reach thirty-five I will marry a woman to whom my heart will fall in love too. Perhaps I see that woman already, she is right in front of me; my body is sending me chills that I haven't felt before. It must be her...

It's just a couple of hours since I visited her this morning, we only had a brief conversation but I felt missing her so much, I can hear her voice in my mind over and over again.

I know Nathaniel is getting protective of her and I cannot blame him that knowing I have a lot of affairs before. I realize is just a waste of time and I'm more broken inside if I remember how selfish I've been. This time I want to be serious with her.

"I will surely go back and visit her no matter what Nathaniel will say, I don't care after all she is not her girl," I whisper to myself and then quickly grab my things and head back to the hospital.

I knocked and walk into her room, I saw Nathaniel's face hardened as he saw me again. I shifted my eyes from him to Olivia who is not expecting my presence at all.

"Hi, Olivia.." I warmly greeted her with a smile and sat next to her as though we are close friends.

"D---Doocc?? A surprise on her face that welcomes me but I don't mind, I'm expecting this awkward moment already.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her.

"She is fine, yet she needs more rest"

Nathe answer my question annoyingly on behalf of Olivia. I just smiled at him and face back to Olivia " Have you eaten your dinner?"

Before she can answer anything I interrupted her "I brought foods for you." And pointing to the table on which I placed the foods.

I can see the irritation on Nathaniel's face in front of us but it doesn't bother me neither frightens me, I'm serious now than what he thinks of I'm acting towards Olivia.

"Oh, thank you Doctor but you shouldn't bother coming here this late night and bringing food for me." Her face blushed upon saying those words to me, Instead of being offended I feel more alive inside.

"No, it's not bothering me Oli... Don't think that way.." I insisted on her. I saw Nathe smirk in displeasure on my statement and my presence.

"You brought food and wasted her time, I'm afraid its time for you to leave doctor." He grumbles in his seat.

"I understand your concern to her Nathe and I appreciate that. Whether you like it or not I will stay here for a while." I sharply answered in an angrily tone and glance at him.

"Do you know each other?" She curiously asks me while looking back and forth to me and Nathaniel who acted surprised.

"Yes," I mutter.

"Yyy-are you friends?" Olivia is getting more curious about the two of us, perhaps Nathaniel did not say anything about him as a doctor.

"No!!" He protests and stood up "He is just someone I knew in different stories roaming around this place." He threatens me, it's my first time to see him so defensive like a lion watching on his prey.

"Stories?? Roaming around this place?" Olivia's confuse face flushing while spotting at both of us.

"Yes," he answered while looking straight at me, no doubt he will reveal my dark history to her in order to stop me from seeing her.

"I know you heard a lot about me Nathe but believe me I'm not who I am before, I already change my life and I forgot about the past." I'm ashamed of who I'am before but I can't hide that forever.

"Good, so you can leave." he is pointing the door to me.

He did not detail my story either tell her of how devouring I'm before when it comes to a woman especially if I knew they like me as well.

I did not wait for another insult from him so I walk on my feet to leave, but before I reach the door I turn to face Oli...

" Have a good rest, Olivia, I will see you tomorrow." letting her know I will come back.

"Thank you, Doc, see you tomorrow"

I shifted my eyes from Olivia to Nathaniel where his face shows no emotion yet his body stood like a rock.

" Nathe is here to assist you, your so lucky to have him here; he is an expert doctor than me." I wink and left.