XXI - Old Time

Nathaniel's POV

A bright light awakens my morning as I check on Olivia, I can't help but to stare and adore her beauty. If I have all day, I only want to spend it with OL. I kissed her and stood up to get ready for the office.

" Good morning Chairman Corden" everyone greeted me but I went straight to my chair since I'm not in the mood to prolong this meeting.

"Chairman Corden, do you have any plans for lunch later? I can arrange for our lunch together since it's weekend" Sherla' s flirting invitation sickened my day.

"I have an appointment, let's start now." I didn't wait for her response as I'm not interested to hear.

" Okay, I have an important announcement to say that's why I called an emergency meeting." I can feel the anxiety inside the room as they waited for I will say.

"I will seldom report here as I have some business to handle. Still, All reports should be sent to me." Though they agreed to me, I can see the doubts in their eyes.

"On time" I added

"Are we clear Ladies and gentlemen?" My irritated voice once again asks until Everyone responded. "that's All" my closing remarks and prepared to leave when someone hold my Arm back.

"Shirla, remove your hands." My immediate response.

"Nathaniel, can we spend some time? Bringing back the old days?"

"There is nothing to bring back Shirla. Besides, we don't have anything from the past so don't assume." I may like her before but she was one of the people bullied me in high school but now she is chasing me?

"I want you to know that I'm willing to begin afresh with you. " she stepped closer almost an inch away from me and touched my lips, it seems I was pasted that I can't move.

I heard a voice Outside and the door abruptly open "Chairman Corden, Ms Olivia is here" Maggie's enthusiastic aura immediately faded when she saw us. I was even struck when I saw Olivia starring to both us.

"Olivia..??" Shit! What a day!

"I think we came in a wrong time Maggy" her upset reaction.

"Yes, you are. Now get out!" Shirla pointed the door for them to leave.

I can see the pain in her eyes when they departed but what is happening with me, I didn't even say a word to defend her.

"I'm sorry for my staff's attitude Nathaniel. Where are we?" her flirtatious gesture is absorbing me.

"I'm leaving now." I rushed out and look for Olivia but she is nowhere to be found not even in her own house. I tried calling her but she is not picking up her phone, I left a couple of voicemail yet there's no answer.

"Hello?"

"Maggy, this is Nathaniel. Do you know where is Olivia?"

"Oh sorry Chairman, I don't know it was you. Olivia left her pets here as I offered to take care of them but after that, I don't have any idea where she is now." I felt hopeless when I heard this.

"Okay. Sorry for disturbing you." I called Olivia several times but she is persistent not to answer me.

"Please OL, please talk to me " I beg many times until I stopped and lean my head on the wheel.

"Why is she even there today? Was she trying to follow me? Am I losing her?"

"Even if I lose you I won't stop Loving you, Olivia" I drove back to my house yet I crumble in fear.

In fear to let you go...

"I might like you before but I'm not going back to you Shirla. Never.."