XIX- The deal

I was in a Large meeting room seated next to Nathe where everyone is glancing at me. I cannot help to worry and be comfortable on the same time as I can see Marco glaring at me on the other side of the table.

"Miss Olivia, I have been told that you brought all the documents to Mr Marco as instructed?" Pronounce by one of our board members.

I wanted to answer immediately but I felt intimidate by Marco's sharp eyes straight to where am I.

"Ahh.... Yes.." My nervous voice breaking down and my mind starts to wonder. Why am I even here? All of a sudden they want me to join their council meeting? Did I do something wrong? What if she caught me with Nathe? Or What if this is just a trap? What if he is just using me? My thoughts are mixing up and my body is shivering.

"Ol, relax.." Nathe muttered while handling me the table napkin secretly, I can't believe it. I'm sweating like crazy that even Nathe can see. I just smiled at him and tried to focus my mind on the council's arguments.

"Miss Olivia, we want to inform you that there are important documents that were missing inside that envelope that haven't reached to Mr Marco" a man explained.

At last, someone told me why am I here for. But I did not touched that documents not even sneaking into that package, "I handed an enclosed envelope to Mr Silvero." I responded anxiously. I felt the numbness in my hands running down my feet, are they accusing me of stealing something I don't know and I didn't see?

I look blur and confused as I shifted my head towArds Marco, I want to fight for my honesty and integrity but it is not the right time and the right place and definitely not the right people.

They started to argue to one another and raises their voice, the room is filled with disagreement and tension. I can hear them saying we need Marco to be our business partner.

"I will accept it" Marco interrupted the congregation and everybody look at him, "in one condition" he added.

"What is it Mr Silvero? We would be glad to be your business partner, we will do our best for you to accept the deal" The head of the council utters.

"I want Miss Olivia to handle all the documents in my Office, which means she needs to be located in my office for the companyrepresentative ." His compelling statement silence everyone.

"No!" Nathe's thundering voice instantly rejected the offer without any second thoughts. "Choose somebody else" he continued.

"If not her then forget about the deal" his firm offer as he stood up to leave.

"Chairman?, maybe you can think again and send Olivia. We need him" the old man whisper.

"I' am willing to be relocated" I immediately suggested knowing it will be a big issue if we refuse Marco's offer. Furthermore, I will be less guilty of that missing document.

"Olivia no.. you don't need to do this" He quietly say.

"It's okay Nathe, at least I have my work." I smiled at him bitterly.

" If you accept it, Then I will agree on the contract." Marco smirk and left the room.

Nathe disappeared in frustration and disappointment, he knew I have to do it for myself or else my integrity will be questioned.
Was it a coincidence or someone planted this trap to me? Someone who doesn't want me to be with him.

Will this be my last day with him? Another cold and lonely night, Uncertain of what is tomorrow, will I see him again? Or will he be here when I return? Thinking about it Made me lazy to pack my things but I only have the weekend to transfer everything.

"Oh, Nathe. I want to hold you right now" I suddenly yearn for his presence, his touched and his attention right here and right now.

I have to admit, I don't know what is between the two of us, after what happened in the hotel I' became more fearful of being broken again yet hoping for something, something that will never be mine.

"Hoping for something........ Something that will never ever be mine....."

I feel like passing out as I ponder these words.