IV- Walk with the Dragon

"OLI?? Olivia.....?"

"Olivia...Olivia Wake up..." I hear Ashley's worried voice far beyond my dreams, I want to get up but my body is so exhausted.

"Hi, Ashley, Hi Maggy.. did I past out? " My head is so heavy, I can barely lift my back. Thanks for Shane's assistance he helped me get up and seated back to my chair.

"Thanks, Shane, how long did I pass out?" I curiously ask whilst my hand massage my forehead, my throat is so dry I need some water. Before I can ask Maggy hand me a cup of water and I quickly drink it.

"Thanks, Maggy, I'm so thirsty. What happened after I pass out?" I switch my look from them to my watch. Shit! It's 2:30 pm already, No wonder my stomach is on war already twisting to each other.

"I'm sorry for what happen to you this morning OL, I know you must be very ashamed after everything she did to you." Ashley's encouragement to me, " You know, I admire Chairman Corden for covering you. And sadden as well...." She pauses for a while and she looks unhappy.

"Why?? What happens, guys? Is it with me" I'm so worried if I lose my job, or will the company sue me?

"No, No, Not with you Ol" Maggy interrupted me before I ask another question, but I'm so confused the atmosphere of the place is different.

"Ms. Pearl was Immediately Terminated by Chairman Corden." Ashley finally breaks the silence inside the room.

" What? Why?" Is it my fault? I cannot let someone lose her job because of my carelessness guys" Right that moment I feel what they felt maybe worse? I felt miserable and disappointed in myself.

"Ol? It's not just about you nor your fault... it's not the first time she did it, she was actually warned about her behavior but it just happened that the chairman itself caught this unacceptable management." Shane explained to me clearly to avoid any self-blaming.

"I'm sorry to hear that guys, I don't know what to do next and how to face the people around here," I think the world collapse at me, My emotions is heavier now than ever.

"Oli? You owe a coffee at 3 pm right?" Ashley winks at me and pulls me out of my chair then lead me to our mirror.

"Now, We have something to do before you go down okay? Now Close your eyes.." She ordered me.

"But....?? what are we going to do?" Though my question is nonsense really for I know she will put some face powder and makeup on my face. But I'm nervous I'm trying not be too obvious.

Even my eyes are close I can hear them giggle and fighting to what color they will put on my eyes, what blush on fits my cheeks, What lipstick suits my lips. Even Shane is joining them to pick some colors and help to fix my hair.

"Seriously guys? I'm going for a drink and I'm not going to a prom... " I cross my arms over my chest to show irritation but instead of letting me go they keep on laughing and giggling to each other.

" Okay, Now you are good to go..." Maggy Pinch my cheeks and squeeze my arms,...

"Thank you guys" I grab my wallet and turn to look at my face in the mirror. "In fairness, I look fresh after a long cry today, you do have a painting skill, guys." I chuckle leaving our office.

I look around when I reached the coffee shop, I check my watch and it's exactly 3 pm

I look around when I reached the coffee shop, I check my watch and it's exactly 3 pm. However I don't see him in this shop, I start to think if this the coffee shop he meant to say? or just upstairs a simple coffee?

Maybe I'm too occupied of what is going on this morning and I forgot to ask which shop are we meeting today. Anyway, I will go back to my office instead of standing here besides I'm not fun of waiting.

I gasp and turn when suddenly a hard grip pull me towards the counter area and he directly looks at me. "Thank you for coming here, I didn't expect to see you right now." Before I can say a word " What would like for a coffee?" he added. He gives way for me to speak to the person.

Without hesitation I move forward facing the in-charge person, "I want a Cappuccino, More cream, and Big size please." I smile and look at him " You don't want to order?"

" I did, they already knew my order." He answered me straightforward without a blink, his face appears tough despite my kindness looks to him.

To conceal my uneasiness I ordered another food, well my stomach is starving already so I don't mind him seeing me eating like a giant bear. "uhm, Excuse me, can I add that meal?" I walked to their display and point it out.

"Sure, your order will be served later." He hands me the receipt. " Thank you".

"Wait, I haven't paid yet", pulling out the cash on my wallet when I notice him observing me but I did not mind, He looks like a psycho standing beside me and staring me after all this time. Maybe I should get used to it though.

"He already paid Ma'am," waving his hand to him, "take a seat for awhile. I will serve your food in a moment." He added.

" Perhaps, nothing comes free these days so please take my payment, Chairman Corden." I hand him my payment just after we took a seat and He was just peering at me.

"Keep it." He stated as strong and decisive without any doubt.

"Okay" I mumble whilst I sip my coffee.

Are we going to stare at each other for all time? we are not even talking or communicating with each other, we are only drinking coffee literally.

" I'm sorry for what happened this morning" He swiftly stare at me, " I'm so sorry for everything." I don't know what to say or to add any more. I just quickly finish my food and drink my coffee so we can leave the shop as soon as I finish.