XV - My Priority

"Oli!!! you're back!! oh I miss you so much" Ashley gave me a hug when she saw me enter the room, "Thanks Ash, I think I missed a lot in here" I hugged her back and smiled.

"Yes, a lot...How are you feeling?" She inspects my arms and pulled me to my table, "I'm getting better Ash, a few wounds only." Giving her assurance that I'm okay though I'm not fully recovered.

"While you are away for recovery there is a change of management," She calmly informed me of what happened while I'm hospitalised. "What?Why?" puzzling all the doubts in my head. " Is there any serious things happened here?"

"I guessed after what happened that day of Fire, the old management decided to sell the company to a bigger Investor," she added. "Oh, I forgot about the fire.. the only reason why I'm not here for a few weeks." I absently replied.

"Yes Oli, there is a new manager and she is so mean to everybody." she rolled her eyes saying these words to me, "I heard as well that she like Mr. Corden.." she quietly told me. "And she has an idea of what Mr. Corden did to save you." I was shocked when I heard what Ashely is saying. "I heard as well that she like him before".. "Really?" "How??.." curiously I asked her to know what is her past with him.

The door opened abruptly and a gorgeous woman walking towards us, " Ms. Olivia? Right?" She is pointing at me. " Yes,..." seriously, I don't know how to address her. I don't even know who she is, but at her looks? I have a clue.

"Please, call me Ma'am! I' am your new boss" She smirked to me. " Perhaps not new because you just arrived here after a few weeks of your disappearance." she smiles smugly her statement. She walked closer to me and look at my table, " I heard what Mr. Corden did to you, I want you to know that He is mine. So never assume that He likes you, are we clear?"

I blankly look at her without knowing what to do or what to answer, all I feel is anger building inside me when she mentioned about Nathe and me staying away from him. "I assume all is clear Ms. Olivia unless you want to lose your job." I want to burst the moment she is out of my sight.

Early in the morning, I have no mood in doing my job, I started to throw things in my desk "but what is more important Olivia? What?"
Talking to myself and Slamming the papers at my desk, "know your priority, Olivia!!" I repeatedly utter to myself.

" What is your priority Ms. Olivia?" a masculine voice at my back that causes me to tremble.

"Mr.Corden?" I suddenly froze when I realized he is behind me, did he hear what I said? The first thought I had in my mind. I cannot say any words, a strange feeling is building inside me but as I stare at him I want to compromise my purpose.

A moment of silence took place while he was waiting for my answer, I cannot look straight in his eyes when I remember what that which threatens me, his eyes were narrowed to see my pathetic reactions. Perhaps he is wondering why I became awkward with him.

"What is it then Olivia?" He broke the silence between us, still I cannot finds the words to reason out.

"Hmm... Just thinking something back in my house Mr. Corden" I anxiously answered him and gathered the papers, " I need to send this papers to the other department first. Sorry, Excuse me..." Uncomfortably I rushed to exit the room and snorted with relief, " I have to do this.." I mutter to myself while walking in the alley. " I have to"...

Days past when I shun every time I see Nathe approaching or even from afar, I look for other ways not to see him. Undeniably, I feel dismayed on what is happening around but this is the best for me. " Be contented on your job Olivia.. you need this.." pulling my feet in the air while waiting for the bus to arrive.

A black car stopped in front of me, " Nice car... BMW, no doubt.." I really admire the design of the car that I did not notice the window was opened already and the driver was glaring at me. "Olivia.." I immediately look at him, " Nathe??" my confused response though. Come on, not here and not again... I mumble to myself in irritation.

"Hi.." I wave at him and look if the bus is approaching to show that I have no interest hitching with his car. " Oli, I will give you a ride home.." he offered me a ride? No, thank you. I don't want to put myself in trouble. Nope, No way.

" Thanks, Boss, I will take the bus. You can go back and rest." I courteously replied and smile thinking I will persuade him. But he did not let me finish my refusal, he gets out and pulls me to his car.