CHAPTER 7

General Hethro was a senior citizen of Xan. Age  sixty seven he probably shouldn't be on the battle field.
    But the present situation Xan found herself  was one where she needed every available man who could swing a sword.
    Hethro was a living legend and head of the garrison in the north. His sword play though had slowed down was still very much effective.
    He cut down  alcron after alcron but there seemed to be a never ending supply of them.
      He was losing men, the more men he lost, the more panicky he became, where is the prince? He kept asking himself mentally.
     Flame the Prince's horse gapped the rest of the horses with over six miles and he wasn't even in his top speed.
   Gob along side five thousand soliders approached the fort of the garrison.
   Smoke resulting from burnt bricks rose high into the heavens. It was then Gob caught sight of it.
   Nothing prepared Gob for the gothic sight.
  The monsters of Alcron were dead bodies brought to life.
  Filthy, ugly and almost animalistic they were.
    Gob gulped as he assessed the situation.
   The prince drew his blade, he nudged the reins slighted and flame disengaged from the rest of the army and headed straight for the commander of the Alcrons.
   Leadership was now transferred to Persus.
  "No mercy!" Persus yelled.
The army behind him including Gob cheered in return.
   The monsters of alcron were slow but covered in amour and not to mention their tremendous number.
    It wasn't a matter of can you kill them, it was actually how many can you kill.
   Gob was never one to fight atop horse back, so he vaulted off and landed gracefully on his feet.
    He drew the blade Yart gifted him and counted to three before slashing wildly at the horde of alcron charging him.
    From his peripheral view, he caught sight of Persus.
   The cheif commanders moves was almost like a dance. He weaved through the Alcrons as a dancer would twirl through the air.
     When the prince was fighting on top flame, he was at one of his most powerful. He found the leader of the Alcrons, a huge ugly menacing undead.
    Surrounding him were thousands of alcrons an almost impossible number to fight through even for him.
    Quickly, he calculated the distance between himself and the leader of the horde.
    It was over two thousand yards. He spotted a spear a few yards from himself and had flame gallop towards it.
   When he got close the performed one of the hardest  moves in horse riding.
     While flame was in top speed, the prince leaned over  enough to grab the spear. A feat which to most of best horse riders was impossible.
     When he returned to riding position, he smiled at himself.
   The alcrons surrounding the leader of the horde readied themselves to charge  at the prince.
    With the spear in hand, the prince knew it would was impossible to throw it as far as two thousand yards but he was atop flame and whenever they were together, anything was possible.
    Softly, he stroked flame's mane.
    "Run boy, run" flame nodded in understanding and the half horse half unicorn ran.
     His gallop at full speed was a sight to behold.
       The prince inclined the spear in throwing position.
    "Flame now......." He yelled.
The moment he uttered those words, flame came to a screeching halt.
   Capitalizing on the force and inertia, the prince threw the spear with everything he had, the spear flew true.
    It flew two thousand yards and embedded itself in the skull of the horde's leader.
    With a grunt, the huge undead fell to the ground dead.