CHAPTER 16

MANY THANKS TO B78904. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Gob tarried till the break of dawn, breakfast was a soldier's right and was served to all but Gob had no appetite whatsoever for it.
He wondered about Rutherford, Sefth and the rest of his friends.
He yearned for a warm bath but all there was were ice water.
He spotted one of the princesses war maiden stride briskly towards him, he knew she was coming for him. He sighed inwardly.
There was no telling what the Princess mind had concocted for him.
He stayed calm and allowed the maiden get close.
"the princess demands your presence"
wordlessly, Gob followed.

Johann was still in mild shock over loosing his father and becoming king in a matter of hours.
The Alcrons were gaining on them, he ordered the irrelevant cargo in the ship be disposed. A lighter vessel meant more speed.
A part of him hoped the Alcrons overtook them. He was eager to pay them back a little but the other part which owed a responsibility to his people hoped the prince of Xan came to their rescue.

Gob was ushered into the princesses presence.
Gob bowed as it was customary.
The princess shot Gob a glaring look.
"I've had a disturbing sense of nausea this morning.
My remedy is the fleabane flower which grows by the sea.
It is a three day ride, my war maidens have volunteered to bring it to me but I knew you would want to redeem yourself and atone for your sins by bring me this flower"
The princess paused and probed Gob with her eyes.
Gob smiled inwardly. Anything which got him away from the princess was most welcome.
"it will be an honor to fulfill your desire princess"
Princess Eveliet was giddy with his response.
"you may go then".
Gob wondered about Sefth, Rutherford and the rest of his friends as he saddled his horse.
He had packed enough provision to last him throughout his three day journey.
He mounted his horse and rode away while enjoying feel of the wind against his face.

The prince strapped the large talking drum to waist. His mother had taught him how to drum.
He gripped the drum sticks which were created from freshly collected bamboo
He swayed to the beat he so effortlessly produced until he was cut short by Persus.
Persus stormed the prince's tent while  simultaneously yelling his name.
The prince gave him a quizzical look.
Persus paused to catch his breath.
Then words came rushing out from his mouth.
"our watch men at the sea of fish reports two ships sailing towards us presumably from the kingdom of Namath".
The prince's eyes widened.
"and more, there is a host of Alcrons pursuing after them"
The prince didn't hesitate in his decision.
"Make haste, Gather our best men. We ride for the sea of fish".

Gob rode three hard days without rest. He only stopped to water the animal.
He wouldn't dare sleep lest suffer a nightmare.
At long last, he arrived the shore of the sea of fish.
He surrounding him were the fleabane flowers. Exhausted, he collapsed in the midst of the flowers and inevitably fell into slumber.

The prince of xan riding atop his horse flame gapped his best friend and grand commander Persus  and his army with more than three hundred miles.
Despite the wide margin flame gave other horses, he showed no ounce of fatigue, his thick strong legs displaced dust as it buried itself into the ground and out.
From afar, Persus marvelled it the beast,  it's speed was otherworldly.
The prince stroked the hybrid unicorn.
He leaned down and whispered to the beast
"Flame, go"
The result was instantaneous as Flame shifted himself into his top speed.
Persus could admire the beast no more for it had sped out of sight.