CHAPTER 8

The garrison reinforced with the prince and his army of five thousand succeeded in defeating and forced the alcrons to retreat to their stronghold.
     "For a moment I thought you wouldn't come to our aid"
General Hethro admitted to the prince.
  The prince whose face was indistinguishable in his mask replied
   " It is my duty to show up, I take my responsibilities very seriously".
   The prince left behind eight hundred men as re-enforcement. He and the rest of his company returned to camp.
    Gob returned to the camp.
He dismounted from his horse and was heading back to his shared tent when two horses overtook him.
    Gob looked up at the riders he couldn't recognize them but from the inscriptions on their armor he know they far out ranked him.
    He stayed still and let them encircle him.
    "The cheif commander demands you". One of them barked.
    Gob was taken aback. He  wasn't familiar with the routines of the military camp but he knew the cheif commanders was only outranked by the prince.
    If the chief commander demands him, he was probably in big trouble.
   The tent of the chief commander of Xan's army wasn't a luxurious place. It was situated at the entrance of the camp, the likeliest of places to be attacked first should the enemy invade the camp.
   Gob was ushered into the tent. Persus was behind a table accessing maps and trying to formulate strategy when Gob stepped into his tent.
    He looked up from reading  the maps to give Gob a cold hard look.
      Gob placed his fist on his chest and bowed to the cheif commander in standard military fashion.
    "What is your name solider?" Persus asked in a cool voice.
  Gob was taken aback. Why would the cheif commander need the name of a common footsoldier such as he.
   "My name is...."
  "It dosnt matter what your name is " Persus thundered suddenly startling Gob in the process.
  "What matters is you flouted camp orders and disobeyed me".
  Gob was shocked to say the least.
  "I apologize chief commander if I earlier offended you"
  In a flash, Persus leaped over the table covering the distance between himself and Gob in the process.
   While in mid air, he clasped his palm around Gob's throat.
  By the time his feet touched the floor of the tent, Gob was struggling to breath.
      "When I speak you stay silent" the chief commander growled.
    Gob nodded quickly seeking release but all Persus did was increase his grip.
   "I can see through you, you wish to attain power and rank by impressing the prince, I have watched ambitious people like you die on the battle field due to greed.
   But on a second thought, since you want to serve royalty so much, you shall be his bratty sister's personal guard. Now get out of my sight".
  He finally let go of Gob's throat. Gob quickly scampered out of the chief commanders tent to find his way back to his'