Beautiful Brown Skin ~ Boris Pavlikovsky

For the colored queens out here❤️
( y/a = your age)

Y/n POV

I sighed at the sight in front of me. Do you know how hard it is for a y/a year old girl to choose between Takies or Hershey's? In fact, that's a hard choice for anyone.

I sighed in annoyance and looked over to see a boy with curly brown hair, dark brown eyes and a cigarette between his lips, he seemed to be making a hard decision too. His eyebrows were scrunched together in focus, he removed the cigarette from his lips and puffed out the smoke.

Noticing the shelf full of those bottled Starbucks drinks, i immediately started walking towards it, completely forgetting about my whole Takies and Hershey's situation. I stood next the curly headed boy, deciding if i wanted a vanilla frappuccino or a mocha fappuccino.

I didn't notice his gaze on me until i grabbed a vanilla frappe and turned around only to bump into his chest. I felt my face heating up as i stared at his chest. I looked up at him and noticed he held a small smirk on his face. I silently composed myself was gonna move out of the way until he said something.

"krasivaya korichnevaya kozha" he quietly, i almost didn't catch it

"What?"

" 'krasivaya korichnevaya kozha', it means 'pretty brown skin' in Russian" He explained, i smiled but was a bit taken aback at that compliment. (Sorry if i got that wrong i used google translate lmao)

That's a new one

"Oh...thank you, i don't think I've ever received that kind of compliment" i chuckled lightly

"You should. You're very beautiful" he smiled, I'm almost positive i was as red as a cherry right now, i tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled up at him.

"Thank you, you too. I-i mean n-not beautiful-i mean you are beautiful, wait, not like that uhhh" i sputtered randomly, the boy chuckled and moved closer to me, he put his arm behind me and put a bag of Takies in front of me.

"You should go with these" he smirked as my mouth hung open in shock. When i realized what i was doing, i shook off my nerves and stood of straight.

"I'm y/n" i smiled politely, holding out my hand for him to shake

"Boris" he shook my hand but turned it over and planted a soft kiss on hand.

"And they chivalry is dead" i giggled, Boris chuckled and turned back to his decision making.

I walked over to the counter and placed down my items, the cashier behind the register looked at the things on the counter and up at me

"You sure you can afford this, Miss?" He asked, i furred my eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh yeah, why wouldn't i?" I asked crossing my arms, the cashier just shook his head and mumbled something under his breath

"What was that?" I snapped, he turned to me with a raised eyebrow and put his hand on his hip.

"Do you have a problem, ma'am?" He asked spitefully. I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by certain thick Russian accent.

"I should ask you the same question, sir" I turned around and saw Boris standing next to me with a clenched jaw

"No, no problems here, pavlikovsky" The cashier said with a fake smile as he rang up my things, i placed down my money and grabbed the black plastic bag, rushing out there.

Not to long after, i heard footsteps running towards me. Knowing who it already was, i spoke up.

"I didn't need your help back there, y'know"

"I know but i just wanted to be of some assistance" he shrugged

"I could've handled it on my own"

"Why?" He asked stopping in front of me, i stopped too and crossed my arms.

"Why what?"

"Why can't you just let me help you?" He asked with a bit of sadness behind his voice.

"Because-because, I've been dealing with it my whole life and i don't want someone's help, especially some boy i just met" i explained, Boris gave me a soft smile and walked closer to me

"You don't have to deal with everything on your own. I know what it's like to feel like an outsider. My father would tell me everyday how much of a disappointment i am" Boris said mumbling the last part.

"That's awful, no father should treat their son that way. I'm sorry you have to deal with such awful conditions" i said, holding my hand in his

"I'm sorry too. Someone with such beautiful skin as you should be admired, not shamed upon" he said rubbing his thumb over my hand,

"You are beautiful, y/n"

Ik this isn't really how Boris acts (he's not that soft sadly) but i needed to bring out Boris' soft side. Remember to love yourself no matter what people say, you're beautiful in your own way❤️

Ps part three of Secrets is coming out later and I'm writing part two of New Friends ~ Losers Club + Party.