The Lovely Bones ~ F.W

Based on the movie The Lovely Bones, just a warning if you watch the movie, you'll cry (its on Netflix)

Y/n POV

Life. Something you always take for granted, until it's gone and all you want to do get it back.

On December 18, 2018 at 7:36pm, i was murdered by someone who i thought was my friend.

I left behind so many things. My parents, my siblings, my friends, and the love of my life. I was here for a moment...and then i was gone.

Finn's POV

Drowning. I felt as if i was drowning, sinking deeper and deeper into the ocean as i watches everyone else walk on land. My mother's voice sounded muffled and distant, it was only when she tapped me on the shoulder that i snapped out of my daze and reality warped back to normal.

"Finnie" my mom said softly, i snapped my head towards her, "Huh?"

"Did you hear him?" She asked looking at the police officer in front of us, i looked down at the table and saw the cream colored scarf i gave y/n for her 13th birthday, she wore it all the time just to make me feel better.

"I heard enough" i mumbled, standing up and running into my room, slamming the door behind me.

I could feel the tears rolling down my face. I lit a candle and placed it on my window seal.

-flashback-

"Finn stop!" Y/n giggled as i tickled her sides, when she finally got out of my grip, she fell off the bed with loud thud.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked looking down, y/n giggled and tackled me on the bed

"Again, again!" She laughed jumping around. I could listen to laugh everyday.

-flashback over-

I was snapped out of y, daydream by the candle blowing out. Now usually i wouldn't think about it but the window wasn't open and the air conditioner wasn't on.

Looking out the window, i started to make out a figure in the glass. When i saw those familiar big y/e/c eyes.

Her eyes widened when she noticed me staring, my mouth hung open as she started to slowly back away

"No!" I shouted reaching my hand forward, my voice echoed in head, almost as if I was in an dark isolated room.

Next thing I know, I'm laying in a thin layer of water while darkness surrounded me. I opened my eyes to see familiar y/e/c eyes.

"Y/n...?" I whispered softly, I immediately shot up and stared the lover who I was told was murdered in cold blood.

"Finn..." she smiled softly, I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks, the longer I stared at her.

I could feel my body lean forward, reaching out to grab her. But just as I did, my hands went right through her and she disintegrated into thin air.

"You can't" I whipped around and saw y/n standing there with tears falling down her face.

"Y/n, is this...are you real?"

"I'm not gone, I'm alive in my own perfect world"

"Your perfect world?" I asked a bit hurt

"Well, not completely perfect. There's no perfect world without you" she said softly, moving closer to me

"I just want to...hold you again" I sobbed, moving closer and closer until our noses were almost touching.

"But you can't, ever again" she whispered, she sighed and pulled away,

"I love you Finn, but you need to let me go" I shook my head rapidly when she said that, how could let go of my first love?

"No, no no no no i can't do that"

"Yes you can, I know you can" she smiled softly

"I love you y/n"

"I love you too Finn" and that was the last thing I heard before I opened my eyes and I was back into my room. With tears and pain in my eyes.

Y/n POV {10 years later}

10 years. It's been 10 years since I've died. 10 years since I saw the love of my life. It's been 10 years, and I've never moved on.

I don't know if I couldn't or wouldn't. I've always tried to be there for Finn as much as I could without letting him know it was me.

And ever since I last told him to move on, and that's exactly what he did.

He married a kind and beautiful woman. I was there when he met her. I was there when they started dating. I was there when they got married. I was there when his wife gave birth to their daughter, Alice Y/n Wolfhard.

And on that day is when I knew I had to finally move on. I had gotten my wish and there's no more reason for me to stick around his life. I'm not mad. Finn's happiness is my happiness.

These were the lovely bones that grew around my absence; some magnificent things happened after I was gone. And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it. The events that my death brought were merely the bones of a body what would become while at some unpredictable time in the future. The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.

I haven't been updating a lot lately, mostly because I've been running out of ideas but I'll post some pre-made chapters for now.