Pain in my ass ~ Tyler

THIS IS A BIT LATE BUT WHATEVER BECAUSE DOG DAYS WAS SOO GOOD OMG and i learned more about Tyler

Y/n POV

"Mom, I'm going to work!" I shouted, she replied with a quick 'okay' and i was off.

Surprisingly, it's pretty hard for a 16 year old to find a job. The only summer job i could get was a job at the dog kennel. Although I'm not complaining, all the dogs there are adorable and well behaved (well most).

"Hey Garrett" he gave me a quick nod and went back to admiring Tara from afar, who was currently helping out a some random guy.

I grabbed my clipboard and walked around the kennel, taking note of how all the dogs were acting.

"Excuse me?"

I turned around and saw an old man next to...oh no. Tyler, aka my arch nemesis and crush. He always used to yank my hair in school and make jokes about me. Of course, i always responded back with a witty response but that didn't help the teasing and i kept losing my patience with him until the faithful day of June 15 aka the last day of school.

"H-how may i help you?" I asked, facing my attention towards the old man.

"Yes well, I'm looking for a pug"

"We have plenty of pugs right here, would you like help or do you wanna look for one yourself?"

"I'll look for it myself, thank you" i nodded and walked over to another section of dogs. It didn't take any longer for the man to give up on finding a pug and decide to leave the store.

"Hey, y/n" called out a familiar voice, i turned around and came face to face with, of course, Tyler.

"What do you want, Tyler? To make fun of me? Maybe pull my hair some more?" I said crossing my arms over my chest, he chuckled lightly and tucked his hands in his jeans pocket.

"Not really. That's kinda what i wanted to talk to you about"

"What?"

"I'm sorry about all the times made fun of you. It just a defense mechanism to avoid my feelings for you" he said mumbling the last part, even though i heard it pretty clearly, why not mess with him?

"I'm sorry what? I don't think i heard you. Can you speak up?" I said cupping my ear around my hand, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I like you, y/n y/l/n" he said louder,

"Ah, there it is. I like you too, pizza boy" a wide smile broke out on Tyler's face.

"Really? Great well uh, i gotta go but I'll see you around?" He stuttered walking backwards

"Yeah sure" i chuckled, he mumbled a small 'yes' and turned around, running out the shop.

I may like him but he's still a pain in my ass.

Wow I'm in love with Tyler