ten.

"There was no denying it.
Boys grabbed him. Their loveliness
tore him apart. The world was
a wonder after all."
— Paul Russell

Taehyung POV

If there's one thing that I learned about Jungkook overnight, it's that he is as stubborn as a child and truly lives up to be younger. Even though we had made plans for today, Jungkook is trying to ditch and waste the day in his bed hiding under his sheets.

By noon I had finally woken up, catching up on the sleep I missed from spending that time on the phone with a certain black haired boy. I then spent the next two hours calling and texting the same boy about meeting up and just listening to his tired whines, which I won't admit were almost too adorable.

Now I was outside his apartment building sending a quick 'thank you' text to Jimin for giving me his address and letting me know he never locks his door. I'd have to talk to him about that also.

"Jungkook." I called his name as my knuckles met his door. There was no response and I glanced down the carpeted hallway to make sure no one was looking, then proceeding to twist the doorknob and push open the door. "Jungkook?" I asked again, quieter this time so I wouldn't frighten him.

His apartment was the same as I remembered, super clean with dim lighting, curtains pulled closed and keeping out the harsh sunlight. It almost seemed like no one was home, except the quiet giggle and glow coming from the hallway revealed he was in fact in his room.

The glow ended up being his laptop, perched on his lap as he watched something with intense interest and a hand full of snacks that he tossed into his mouth without breaking his stare from the screen. "So this is what was so important today?" I asked with a grin, leaning against the doorframe as I watched Jungkook jump in fright and widen his eyes as he noticed it was me.

"What the fuck dude?" he yelled taking a deep breath, "You scared the shit out of me."

"That's okay, you seem to be full of it anyways." I smiled walking over to his bed. Jungkook faked a laugh and then rolled his eyes, "Taehyung, you're so hilarious."

"I know, now scoot over." I said before kicking off my shoes and waiting for him to make room. His bed was a double and had more than enough space for the two of us, but I still sat close enough so our thighs were touching under the covers. "What are you watching?"

"Cartoons." he said, pushing up the glasses on his nose and leaning back against the pillows, seemingly not bothered by our close proximity. On his laptop there was a cartoon episode playing, it was a cat chasing a mouse and it somehow made Jungkook giggle occasionally. The combination of the cute glasses and soft giggles leaving his pink lips made me scoot a little closer and lean back against his pillows also, eventually his head landed on my shoulder and I smiled to myself.

"Did you get any sleep after we talked?" I asked in a soft whisper, careful enough to noticed his eyelids closed more often and his breathing slowed gradually. Jungkook shook his head against my shoulder and mumbled, "No," there was a soft sigh, "Couldn't."

My smile turned down into a subtle frown, the snack he was holding had fallen and sat by his side, leaving his hand laying loosely right between us above the covers. I started to trace my fingertips over the back of his hand, random shapes in soothing patterns.

By the end of the cartoon episode my fingertips never stopped caressing Jungkook's hand, the room filled with silence as the show ended and the only audible sound was Jungkook's soft snores as his exhausted body finally got the rest he's been needing.

I had nowhere to be, no rush to leave and nothing close to a want. The sheets were warm and his skin was soft underneath my touch, hands that seemed delicate but the palms told a different story with the rough calloused spots most likely nights at the gym and studio.