thirteen.

"An apology is also
an admission of quilt."
— Eula Biss

Taehyung POV

There wasn't much on my mind these past few days. Only the sudden sadness that fell over his face the instant those words left my lips so impulsively.

Seeing anyone sad sucks, especially someone you might care about in a way that's kind of scary. But when that sadness and that cold glare is directed your way and purely brought about by your own wrongdoing, that's even worse.

He wouldn't even give me the chance to apologize, for a lot more than just my words. I needed to apologize for my actions and the way I was tugging him about so roughly. One moment we're friendly and touching, the next I'm shoving him away and he's frowning.

Jungkook didn't get it. He didn't know.
I'd have to tell him, let him know.

This was the only thing on my mind as I sat on Jimin's couch with Hoseok laughing every five seconds about whatever was happening in the movie. I barely knew what was going on because my mind was somewhere else, slowly being invaded by a dull throb and unwanted headache.

"Hey Jimin," I called his name, the small boy walking over from the kitchen with an armful of snacks, "Do you have any pain reliever?"

It was just past midnight, I should be sleeping since I haven't gotten any recently with all my attempts at talking to a certain boy. I gave up yesterday and tried to catch up on my rest. But today Jimin tried to drag everyone together for a movie night, I only caved hoping Jungkook would show up.

"In the bathroom medicine cabinet." Jimin said, sitting down beside Hobi and digging into a package of sweet candies while the oldest boy stole the bowl of popcorn.

I nodded a thanks and found myself in the bathroom, bare feet on the cool tile and goosebumps on my arms. There was a bottle of tylenol on the shelf and I read the label quickly to make sure I took the right amount, sipping water out of my hand from the sink to help the small capsule go down. I heard my phone ring from out in the living room, wiping my hands on my thighs and fumbling with the doorknob to go see who it was, my heart doing a small jump of hope.

"Was that mine?" I asked seeing Jimin toss my phone back over to my spot with a nod.

"Just some random number, I sent it to voicemail." he picked at the candy in his fingers before dropping it back into the bag.

My stomach dropped in disappointment, "They didn't leave anything." I sighed softly and shoved the device into my pocket.

Jimin only hummed, "Guess it wasn't important."

There wasn't much more after that. The moment my body hit the soft cushions of the couch my eyelids drifted shut and I fell asleep to the sound of Hoseok laughing and Jimin chewing.

Although the pain in my head was gone once I woke up, the ache in my back appeared from sleeping on the couch so uncomfortably all night. The two boys beside me were also gone and had migrated to eat in the kitchen instead.

"Morning princess." Jimin sang from the table, except it was a lot more muffled as crumbs spilled from his plump lips. I groaned and sat up, hearing the numerous pops and cracks. "Good morning assholes."

"Assholes?" Hoseok gasped, "Excuse me but how are we assholes all of a sudden?"

"Both of you left me to sleep on the couch, now my back hurts like hell."

Jimin shrugged and shoveled more food into his mouth. "I invited you over for a movie, not a sleepover. So call it even." The sass was pouring out of his small body in waves and I rolled my eyes, already knowing this was an argument I wouldn't win.