forty nine.

"Touch has a memory."
— John Keats

Jungkook POV

It was like clouds, the soft whiteness on my palms in little lumps of strawberry-smelling suds. The bubbles rose higher with the warm water filling the tub and the laughter in the bathroom rose louder with the older boy's childish antics.

I was eventually able to carry Taehyung from the shelter of the warm sheets to get him cleaned up, despite his sudden urge to sleep and ignore the mess. We were in the bath now, currently full of strawberry scented bubbles that he was adamant on turning into a fake beard on his face. "You're going to get it in your eyes and I'm not going to help you." I said.

Taehyung sent a glare my way but I couldn't take him seriously with the bubble beard dripping down his chin and soundlessly disappearing into the rest of the bath. "You're such a caring boyfriend." he huffed, lips out in a small pout.

My eyebrow rose at his words, we never talked about that yet, but hearing him refer to me as his boyfriend sent a smile to tug at my lips. "Boyfriend?" I questioned. "I don't remember asking you." There was a hint of amusement in my tone, not a sign of discontentment.

The other boy froze, a scoop of bubbles in his hand as he glanced over slowly, "Y-yeah. I kind of figured you know.." he trailed off slowly.

The smile on my lips remained, our proximity was already close due to the small bathtub, our legs entangled as we sat facing each other. With my hands under the water, I trailed my fingertips up his bare thigh, eyes locked on his face and biting down on my lip as I noticed how he tensed. "But I am a caring boyfriend, baby. I took great care of you, didn't I?" my voice was soft like my touch in his thighs.

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but settled on just nodding slightly, his teeth biting down onto those plump cherry lips and I almost lost it all over again.

In a second my hands were on his bare waist and I pulled his body around to press his back against my chest, arms snug around his hips and chin on his shoulder. "What was that?" I whispered softly against his skin, leaving a kiss to the back of his ear.

"You took g-good care of me K-Kookie." the slight stutter had me smirking against his neck, my thumbs rubbing circles against his prominent hips and hearing the quiet hum of content from his lips.

Taehyung leaned his head back against my shoulder and I continued to softly trace random patterns on his thighs, massaging the muscles gently as my lips left little kisses to his already marked up neck. "Hm, that's what I thought." I hummed, suddenly wrapping my arms tighter around his waist in a firm hug.

After a few seconds of silence, each of us too caught up in the tangle of limbs and comforting atmosphere of our close proximity, I finally spoke up, "I'm going to be late for work."

Taehyung suddenly spun around with water splashing around and hitting the floor tiles, earning a glare from me knowing I'll have to clean that up later. "You're going back to work already?" he asked. I only nodded.

"Kookie, that's so good." the older boy smiled, his hand in mine giving it a light squeeze, "This was fun and all, but get your ass out of here."

I laughed quietly and eventually dragged the both of us out of the bath that was now cold, the temperature dropping when time was wasted with heated kisses.

Taehyung was a little sore, the wince in pain as we stood was evident enough, so I helped him dry off with one of the towels folded near by. My actions were met with a shy 'thank you' from the other boy, his cheeks a light pink and hands gently gripping my shoulders.

I smiled softly and wrapped the towel around his shoulders, "You're welcome, let's get dressed."

We were soon both in a pair of matching sweatpants, each of them belonging to me. Taehyung had taken one of my hoodies and slipped it on without asking, there really wasn't a need to regardless, it was simply cute to see.

"Can I come watch?" Taehyung had asked about my shift today at the studio. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a half eaten bowl of cereal and hopeful look in his eyes. There was no way I could turn him down.

With a nod, I grabbed my backpack and pulled it on my shoulder, one hand clutching the strap while the other reached for my boyfriend.

The older boy instantly smiled and pushed his chair back to meet me half way. His hand was in mine and a kiss was left on my cheek before we both made it out the door, closing unlocked behind our backs. Horrible habits.

It was cool out, the clouds blocking any annoying sun rays too hot to touch the skin while the breeze brushed messy bangs away from foreheads. Taehyung talked on and on about whatever came into his mind. The excitement in his tone was welcomed, but my still-tired mind was trying to keep up.

The studio was a short walk away and the lighter haired boy talked the entire way. I held his hand in mine and rubbed my thumb against the back of his hand as a mutual comfort. "And Jimin wants to do dinner at my place tonight." Taehyung said reading a text off his phone, "He also told me to remind you to call your mom, I'm not sure about what but he said you'd know."

I nodded and adjusted my backpack on my shoulder, "Remind me when we get back to your place." I said, earning a smile and similar nod in return.

The time was close when we walked into the studio lobby, being greeted by a few familiar faces and returning students. Kino was talking to a smaller woman before smiling my way and excusing himself politely. "Jungkook!" he grinned, arms open to hug me in greeting.

I managed to wrap one arm around him since Taehyung tightened his grip on my hand and refused to let go. He ignored my subtle glare sent his way, simply smiling sweetly at the newest male, "Hi Kino."

The said boy turned to my boyfriend with a friendly smile, "Hi Taehyung, are you watching us today?"

"You two?" Taehyung clarified.

I nodded and walked past the two of them, tugging one along eventually as his hand continued to latch onto mine. "We co-teach this class of beginners." I said. I knew he'd have an attitude about it and behave like a child, it was evident nearly the first moment we walked through the doors.

Kino followed and passed us to get the doors, opening to reveal a pretty and spacious dance studio much like the one I brought Taehyung to the first time, except that one was further down the hall. "Of course Jungkook always carries the class, he's one of the best." Kino complimented me, I couldn't help but smile and shake my head a bit at the attention.

Taehyung huffed quietly beside me and lamely crossed his one arm over his chest. If anything it made him look more adorable pouting in my clothes, nothing close to angry. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" I asked with a hint of amusement in my tone. I dropped my backpack on the chair by the sound table and stepped closer to the pouting boy. He stubbornly looked to the side beside I gently gripped his chin to force his gaze upon mine, "Use your words."

Taehyung blinked up at me and sighed softly, "I want to go home, you don't need to work today."

I laughed lightly at his words and leaned in the softly peck his lips a few times, mumbling against them, "You have nothing to worry about baby, I'll finish up quick and we can run errands to get stuff for dinner tonight."

Taehyung seemed convinced, his eyes were closer still before he felt the lack of attention his lips were getting, "Okay," he said, making sure to steal one more quick kiss.

It was hard not to smile fondly at him when he spoke, lips in a soft pout and eyes trained gently on mine, every emotion mixed in a pretty storm of dark brown orbs. A color that seemed too hold more importance now that they belonged to the person that meant most to me, and the color that held a gentleness portraying the emotions I knew were reciprocated. It was all a perfect storm. Something so natural and wild between the two of us that seemed out of control, but every bit of soft love and care that the both of us constantly craved.

it's been so long and i'm sorry :(
school and my sports team is kicking my butt and taking all my time away
i hope you enjoy anyways ❤️