fifty two.

"I see these lights, every time
I look into your eyes. It crosses my
heart, and makes me feel in love."
— Jayson Engay

Jungkook POV

It was one of the best sights. That same smile never left his face the whole night since his mom left, throughout the entirety of dinner, and even after we said quiet goodbyes to his father about an hour ago.

From my place on my bed I could imagine that same smile as he rambled on about whatever was on his mind; maybe it was the song that's been stuck in his head all day or the pink fruity drink he likes at the bar we're going to.
He continues, "–and the way he laughed with Jimin was just like school times!" Taehyung stood up straight from digging through my clothing drawers, "It was so nice Kook."

I just nodded with a lazy smile adorning my features, eyes stuck on him as he finally faced me and pausing from his outfit hunt. "I can tell you're happy, it's nice." I said.

Taehyung smiled back softly, cheeks pink and eyes bright as he failed to look away, our gazes matched and unwavering.

For a second his eyes flickered down my body and the usual 'Taehyung sass' was back, hands on his hips as he rose an eyebrow, "Wait, are you going out dressed like that?"

I glanced down at my plain black t-shirt and grey sweatpants, knowing how comfortable I was and not in the mood to shove my thighs in some skinny jeans. With a nod, I looked back up at my boyfriend, "Uh, yeah?"

"No." he said, turning back to my closet and digging through a pile of jeans left discarded on the floor, "You can keep the shirt but you're not going out in sweatpants."

After finding a pair of ripped jeans that Taehyung deemed presentable, I was tugging on a pair of black boots and grabbing my car keys. The said boy, was currently talking on the phone to a very confused Jimin who didn't understand how to get to the club.

"Just give the phone to Yoongi hyung." Taehyung exasperated.

I could see how frustrated the honey color haired boy was by the crinkle between his eyebrows and the droop of his shoulders.
"Baby," my hand rubbed soft circles on the small of his back, voice barely whisper as I spoke close to his ear, "Let's head out and talk in the car alright?" I said.

Taehyung sighed and glanced at me with a nod. I made sure to hold his hand on the way out so he didn't swing it around in an attempt to explain the directions to a still very confused Jimin and unhelpful Yoongi in the background.

"Hey Kook, will you do me a favor?" Taehyung asked me as we approached my car in its parking space. Before I could ask, my lovely dramatic boyfriend stood in front of my car with his arms wide open and phone still on the line with our mutual friends, "Run me over please and thank you."

"Get your ass in the car." I shook my head with a light laugh, "And tell that kid to use GPS."

Taehyung huffed but walked over to my car and jumped into the passengers seat once unlocked, me following shortly after closing the door for him. "Okay first off, that 'kid' is still your hyung so don't be a brat." Taehyung said once I pulled out and onto the road, "And I already told him too, it's not my fault he doesn't know how to spell."

Eventually the call ended and Taehyung was suddenly in a better mood, nothing really stayed on his mind too long that affected him negatively. It was one of things I liked about him, seeing him happy.

"Tonight we won't drink too much," he prefaced in which I nodded as a reply, eyes trained on the road and hands gripping the wheel in a relaxed manner. "And you had taken your medication before we left right?"
I nodded again. "And you have those jackets in the backseat right? Depending on when we leave tonight it might get colder-"

"Yes mom," I interrupted him, "I have two and even a blanket because you always fall asleep on the way home."

Taehyung glared over at me for a second before his gaze softened, "That was sweet so i'm not going to get irritated that you interrupted me."

We fell into a comfortable silence after that, my palm on his thigh and his fingers playing with the rings on my own ones. It only took five more minutes to arrive at the club that was already glowing with neon lights and vibrating with the all the dancing bodies and bass booster music.

Taehyungs eyes shone with excitement as we approached the doors and immersed ourselves into the scene, my own eyes shone with contentment as I watched him pull my hand to make our way through the crowd of sweaty bodies and to an empty space by the bar.
"I haven't been to a club in a while." my boyfriend yelled over the music as he looked around and tapped his fingers to the rhythm against the glass countertop.

I just hummed and held onto his hand a little tighter, tugging him closer and looking around myself. This was a common club to attend on late nights for moderately cheap booze and decent music. However the music was very loud and I missed what Taehyung ordered from bartender, only seeing the smile on his face as he turned to me and gave my hand a squeeze. "Can we dance?" he yelled close to my ear to be heard.

"I'm going to wait for Yoongi and Jimin, to see if they call and need something," I said back, "You go ahead, I'll find you."

Taehyung looked gorgeous right then, his hair swooping over his forehead and sparkling eyes watching only me, lips that are naturally full and pink and stretched to show a smile that could distract almost anyone. It was a surprise I caught someone staring.

Those dark eyes set into a firm stare and mouth turned up into a small smirk. I knew he was watching us, and I knew he saw Taehyung peck my lips before walking off. And it took so much of my strength not to tense up and drag Taehyung out of there.

There couldn't be any problems tonight. We're finally in a good place, I'm done and Taehyung is happy right now. I'm happy with Taehyung.
I was about to let Jae showing up ruin everything I've worked to fix.

My attention averted to grab the drink that Taehyung ordered, a pink fruity one that made me chuckle softly. The boy barely likes the flavor of it and only enjoys the vibrant color and strawberry that comes on the glass.
I held onto his drink and kept relaxing my grip on the glass, especially after seeing how Jae was no longer standing in my line of vision.

My phone vibrated and I saw the called ID, I was expecting a call from one of them soon. Maybe talking to Jimin is the small distraction I needed to ignore the sudden sinking feeling in my stomach and worry gnawing at my insides after seeing that familiar face.

there's only going to be about
2 or 3 chapters left !!
i hope you've enjoyed this story so
far and that the rest is just as
enjoyable for you!