sixteen.

"There's always another secret."
— Kelsier

Jungkook POV

The similarity between two people can be emotional or physical, maybe even other aspects my mind has yet to comprehend. My loneliness seems to be in ways similar to that of Taehyung and whatever has him acting so strangely, the need to push people away and make himself lonely while I'm constantly searching for someone to pull me up.

The similarity between this girl, Nari, and Taehyung was undeniable. They had the same nose and deep brown eyes, soft features that make beautiful siblings. Noticing a few of the pictures in his living room this morning also helped.

"Who's this?" Nari asked, her eyes on me.

Taehyung opened his mouth but nothing came out, resembling a fish almost. I rolled my eyes at his lack of a response and bowed my head just enough, "My names Jungkook."

She nodded and stuck her head up a little higher, everything about her screamed maturity and class. I suddenly realized I should keep my mouth shut so nothing dumb came flying out.

"Taehyung," his sister started, "We have a lot to do today. You're suppose to be changed to go shopping for-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Taehyung cut her off, earning raised eyebrows and an incredulous stare. I'm guessing Nari doesn't enjoy being interrupted, especially rudely.

They shared a look and it was something that made me uncomfortable, whatever silent sibling argument they were having made me want to leave. "Uh, I'm just going to change..." I trailed off glancing at Taehyung who was already looking at me. His eyes were intense, I swallowed hard at the gaze and wished I hadn't, seeing the slight smile that appeared.

Taehyung nodded, "Go ahead, I'll get ready after you."

It was my turn to not know what to say, only nodding and slipping past him to his room. Not before Nari spoke up again, her intentions of being quiet and subtle not so successful, "Is that your shirt he has on?"

"A lot of people own black shirts Nari."

I couldn't help but smile a little, he wasn't confirming that I was wearing it but he also didn't deny it. That's good enough for me.

He caught my eye when I turned to shut his bedroom door, a quick glimpse between the crack in the frame and a subtle wink from him that made me stomach spin. Since when did I become a little school girl that gets all giggly and smiley when a boy winks at him.

I realized I had no clothes with me, except my excessively ripped shorts from last night along with a drink stained white shirt. There was no way I was about to walk out of here looking like that, especially in front of his sister who looks like her closest only consists of pastels and blazers.

A soft knock was at the door and Taehyung's light brown locks poked through, "You can just find anything and wear it, it gives me an excuse to go to your apartment some other day and collect." he grinned before shutting the door again and leaving me to rummage.

"Okay." I said quietly to myself. It still felt weird to look through his things, that's always been something I couldn't do anywhere even though it's apparently common for people to snoop. Another reason why I barely invite anyone but Jimin over to my own place.

The closet was a small walk in, average for an apartment this size and nothing too over the top. I turned on the light and noticed the organized nature to his shirts, they seemed separated into groups by color and occasion. Mostly casual, which was my aim for the moment.

In the end I kept the black t-shirt on, only changing the small sleeping shorts for a pair of cuffed white jeans. I'm not sure how he keeps them clean when most of his jeans were piled on the closet floor amongst the several pairs of boots and slippers. My fingers twitched and I nibbled on the inside of my bottom lip. It would only take second, I thought to myself.