forty five.

"Let us dance in the sun,
wearing wild flowers in our hair."
— Susan Polis Schutz

Jungkook POV

The sun was shining strongly into my living when I finally left my empty bed, the brightness to the room was a change from the recent darkness and closed off curtains that usually hide the place.

If it wasn't for the smell of cooking food I would have thought he left in the middle of the night, what a scary feeling that was waking up to no one beside me. It only takes a moment to get used to something you most to desire, and a second to realize how badly you never want to lose that.

Maybe it's because I was still sleepy, or maybe it was because he was only wearing sweatpants. But something must have possessed me and pushed me to boldly walk up behind the older boy and slip my arms around his waist. With my chest pressed firmly against his bare back, I let my lips leave a light kiss below his ear, "Good morning baby."

Taehyung shuddered in my arms and I smirked against his hot skin in satisfaction. "That's smells good." I continued, peering over his shoulder at the mix of eggs, vegetables, and other spices being sautéed and scrambled.

My fingertips continued to trace random patterns on the small of his back while he finished up making breakfast. "You need to start eating more Kook." Taehyung said, splitting the food up onto two plates, one with an obvious amount more than the other.

I reached for the smaller portion, feeling the glare of the olders dark eyes on the side of my face. "Stop staring." I mumbled.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes and pushed the older plate towards me, taking the other from my hands and walking away to the table. I huffed like a child and stomped along behind him with my breakfast. The thought of trying to swallow a small bit already sent my stomach into a swirl of nausea, reminding of the few times with Yoongi in the bathroom with tears in my eyes and a raw throat from emptying my lunch into the toilet.

I didn't know when it would stop, all these symptoms from staying away from the things that made me feel better but slowly killed me at the same time.

Taehyung was already eating his share, occasionally glancing at me until my lack of movement seemed to bother him. The sound of his fork hitting the plate was loud compared to the silence in the room, he sighed, "Jungkook, please try eating a little."

I knew I didn't want to, but I wanted to disappointed Taehyung even less. So I scooped up a small bit and tried not to gag when it touched my tongue. I felt his hand land on my thigh and him give it a light squeeze.

His plate was empty way before mine was even half eaten, but he didn't push me after that and didn't urge me to take larger bites. Taehyung left his hand on my thigh and would occasionally rubbing his thumb back and forth or give it a light squeeze.

"I want to take you out somewhere today." he spoke with that deep voice that never failed to send shivers down my spine. The fact that he was still shirtless didn't help my imagination.

I hummed softly and stood up from my own seat, just to bring my leg over his lap and sit down comfortably on his thighs, straddling his lap and resting my hands at the back of his neck. Taehyung froze for a second and his hands hovered near my waist. "Don't be shy." I rolled my eyes.

The older boy just rolled his eyes once again and settled his pretty hands lightly on my sides. "Don't be a brat." Taehyung shot back.

With a shrug of my shoulders I leaned closer to the boy with honey colored hair, his dark roots already growing in showing the natural color. My lips brushed against his for a brief moment, only to move on the kiss against his jaw closer to his ear. I felt his hands tighten around my waist and as I shifted on his lap I was happy he was wearing sweatpants. "Where are we going Taehyungie?" it was a whisper against his earlobe, hot breath against his exposed skin and fingers tugging at his hair gently.

"You should eat some more." Taehyung said.

I broke away from his neck and abruptly stopped kissing it after not getting any response similar to what I was expecting. My arms were loose on his shoulders and I glanced down at his thumbs lightly tracing the more prominent hip bones showing from underneath the baggy shirt I had draped over my torso. My stomach twisted and I pushed off his lap with shaky legs, "I-I'm going to change." I mumbled before walking back into my room, with the heat of his stare on my back.

I slowly pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and frowned at the reflection in the glass. The bags under my eyes were still very noticeable and the bruise forming above my cheekbone wasn't helping. The split lip looked better now that it was cleaned of blood and somewhat healed. But it wasn't any of those things that made me upset, it was the familiarity of the boy in the reflection. The brokenness and lonely appearance accurately depicted who has been inside me, suffocated and hidden by the medication. He was being hidden, but the monsters wanted him to come out and play.

Too bad there was something stronger than any medication or taunting presence in my mind. He was standing at my doorway, with his arms over his bare chest and white teeth on display in a smile. "I think you still look handsome." Taehyung said.

His long strides carried him to my side where he left a kiss to my cheek before going to my closest and choosing a shirt for me to wear, along with one for himself.

It was almost noon when we got into his car, driving down to a small cafe and familiar bookstore both combined into one. Taehyung had his hand on my thigh the whole drive while I changed the radio station every five seconds and he tried not to get annoyed with each abrupt switch.

I didn't realize how much I missed going to the cafe. Hoseok hyung just brought me there yesterday and got me the tea I liked, but it wasn't the same as walking in and seeing my blonde best friend sitting in the back corner on one of the small couches with a book in his small hands. His eyes trained on the words and occasionally sipping on his drink.

The bell rang as I pushed open the door and kept my eyes on the focused boy in the back, his head coming up at the noise and lighting in recognition. "Kookie!" Jimin shouted, without a care for the other customers and their leisure time. I certainly didn't care either, my lips stretching into a grin and my arms welcoming the other boy into a huge hug as he ran over.

Jimin was the first to pull away and place his hands on my cheeks, "You look like shit." he giggled, but there was concern in my eyes.

"So do you." I joked in return. I dropped my arms from around him and felt a warm hand on the small of my back, not surprised to see Taehyung smiling beside me.

The blonde boy took my hand and pulled me along the back couch, "Oh and hi Tae!" he remember with a grin, waving at the other boy and tugging me down on the couch.

Taehyung sat opposite of us on a chair and pulled out his phone. Jimin kept talking about the studio and the book he was reading and asking me how I was doing, being a couple weeks apart was almost unlawful when we spent almost everyday together before. I laughed and talked to my best friend, feeling even better when I'd look over at him and see the boy with honey colored hair smiling over fondly, a faint blush on cheeks when he was caught by my own stare.

go listen to scenery
and hit that lil star for more
expect one or more updates tomorrow