thirty two.

"I envy people that know love.
That have someone who takes
them as they are."
— Jess C Scott

Jungkook POV

It's almost amusing how people bring upon a negative connotation towards darkness, as if they themselves don't have darkness within.
They say it's a force that presses down on you like fear in your chest, but really darkness is just kissing up to you and close to your skin—closer than a whisper against your cheek. It'll be your best friend, always there for you.

Darkness will be your favorite thing all the way up until it blocks your exits and no longer keeps you safe, but stuck.

I was stuck, sitting there on the couch, in a foggy room, with a bunch of potheads, while a pretty tan boy was on my mind with that messy hair and those sad eyes.

Taehyung couldn't have shown up at a worse time, striking me hard with all those memories and moments flooding my mind as it forced past that Mary Jane dancing happily. He walked up so effortlessly, somehow looking flawless despite those faintly tear streamed cheeks no longer as round and happy looking.

I had to stop myself from smiling at the thought of him, especially when he came walking back into the room with my bag in his hands. Hyunjae tossed me the backpack and a wad of cash along with it, "There's your cut, nice job last night." he smirked, hitting the cushions hard beside me.

The money burned with regret in my hands, but I swallowed hard and shoved it into my bag trying to ignore the new contents recently added and only promising future jobs.

"These are cute," Jae said, his finger tugged at my earrings and I flinched.

"Stop that." I mumbled.

He ignored me, barely caring as he stretched his leg straight to pull something out from the front pocket of his skinny jeans, "I thought we could have some fun." he glanced over at me with that usual sick smirk, one that made me never want to know what was on his mind.

The small folded envelope was soon opened and he tilted over so I could see the blue papers with cartoon characters decorating them. I felt my lips part just a bit and my stomach flip so subtlety with excitement, it's hard for old habits once enjoyed to die easily.

"We haven't messed with this in a while," Jae laughed softly, not before pulling out another tube with the liquid inside and handing it over, "That's for you when you're bored at home."

I should have been disappointed when I took it so fast, only glaring at Jae when he chuckled at that. "I haven't touched LSD since that party at Minho's place."

Jae tilted his head back and laughed, "You were so out of it for hours," he recalled the time from long ago, "I remember that night very vividly, you always knew how to please someone Jeon."

I ignored the burn of my cheeks and just slipped the small tube into the front pocket of my bag after making sure the lid was screwed tightly, "I think I'm going to head out soon."

"Here, this is part of your cut." he said, dropping the envelope on my lap and standing up. Jae stepped over some guys body as he lay too drunk to function on the floor, there was probably three more people in the same state in the next room.

When I unzipped my backpack I saw my phone screen lighting up, there was a two missed calls from him and I flinched when my name was called, "Jeon, aren't you leaving?" Jae rose an eyebrow at me and I nodded quickly.

It was clear that I had overstayed my welcome and was meant to leave now. I was hoping it had stopped raining since I knew I'd be walking home without a ride.