fifteen.

"I'm intrigued by the
smile upon your face, and the
sadness within your eyes."
— Jeremy Aldana

Taehyung POV

The ceiling was getting boring to stare at and the sound of the sink in my bathroom still didn't stop. Whatever he was doing was taking forever and I was losing patience laying there by myself without something to hug.

I sat up and ruffled my bangs, the tips brushing my eyelids and I knew I'd need a haircut soon. Just then the sink stopped and the bathroom door opened, Jungkook's figure washed in moonlight from the window. His white shirt disregarded as a new loose black tee covered his torso and stopped midthigh, legs exposed from the small cotton shorts he was wearing. There was something about him wearing my clothes and walking over to my bed that stirred a feeling in my stomach.

The warmth in my chest growing as the younger boy shuffled under my covers without a word and took my hand in his, encouraging me to lay back down beside him and let my arms find his waist. I watched his eyes looking up at mine, pausing for a brief moment to gauge his reaction before tightened my grip around his small waist and pulling him against my chest. "You look exhausted Kook."

The dark bags under his eyes once hidden with makeup and stray glitter spoke for him, evidence of nights without a wink of sleep. Jungkook shrugged and didn't say much, his finger tracing random shapes on my chest.

We were so close, a few inches apart and closing as I constantly wanted him closer. The closeness made it easier to know what he was feeling, those feelings shown through actions instead of the words I knew this stubborn boy would never speak.

I could see the clenching of his jaw and his eyes focused on some spot on my chest, his throat moving with each swallow he took that seemed to be getting harder and harder. 

"Hey, baby.." I trailed off quietly, waiting a second for his eyes to glance up and acknowledge me. The light from the moon shone over his glassy eyes and I rubbed my hand softly over his back.

It was soft and short, but I leaned forward to leave a little kiss under each of eyes and another pressed to his forehead.

It's as if pulling away scared him, because the second I leaned back enough to see his face he pushed himself forward to hide his face in the crook of my neck, arms pressed between our chests as his fingers held onto my shirt. I could feel his body tremble against mine and the quickening of his breath, the choked sounds coming from his baby soft lips.

It was like crying without the tears. Jungkook trembled against my chest and squeezed his eyes shut as he shook his head, wanting to cry and rid himself of the burden of whatever has been bothering him but not wanting to show that emotion to anyone else other than himself.

His hair tickled my throat but I kept him close, hands rubbing his back and my voice low and soft as I tried to calm him down.

"Jungkook, baby," I said, one of my hand reaching up while I shifted back a bit, my palm cupping his jaw as my thumb brushed his cheek, "Tell me about your writing."

"W-what?" he choked out. There was a stray tear that happened to escape despite his fighting. I pretended not to notice it; instead of wiping it away, I left a kiss on his cheek where the tear now no longer remained. "Have you been writing recently?" I asked.

Jungkook took a deep breath and I could feel his grip loosen on my shirt, his fingers folding together and tugging on the hem of his own shirt now, "Sorta."

"What have you been writing about?" I asked again, simply trying to occupy his mind.

"Just.. things."