[ 06 ] the blakes' antidote

1

1.6. | THE BLAKES' ANTIDOTE

___

THE ENTIRE TIME, I keep switching between being awake and unconscious. From the short moments filled with black dotted vision and the constant rumble of panic coming from all around the room when I am aware of my surroundings, I can just barely make out the silhouettes or Raven, Octavia and even Aiden or Monroe, who linger by my side as I surrender myself to the darkness of agonizing sleep and are gone by the time my eyes flutter open.

I pass out one last time before I wake up completely. The endless buzz of people running and shouting is audible even over the warning crackles of thunder and the pouring rain, overpowering the rabid attack of the droplets across the fortress that is our dropship. Pale white lights flicker momentarily and I know immediately that a raging storm is currently traveling over the site.

I sit up with jerky movements, whimpers of pain escaping my lips as I try to twist my body in place in an attempt to look at the mass of obnoxiously loud delinquents somewhere behind me.

''Emily!'' My awakening doesn't go unnoticed, because Bellamy appears by my side when I once again slowly blink my eyes open. His dark hair is stuck to his forehead in stringy curls and raindrops leisurely roll down the edges of his expression, smoothing out the sharp frown that had just been decorating his face. I assume he has just walked in. I can barely register the sound of my name coming from his lips because of the raging female voices that shout profanities in the background, but he arrives closer to my cot in a quick stride and I am finally able to talk to him.

''Bellamy, Finn--'' I begin, but the man interrupts me with a knowing nod.

''He's alive. Raven is fixing the radio so Clarke's mom can help her stitch you and Finn up,'' Bellamy announces and I can't help but notice the way his expression morphs into one of sheer concern upon mentioning the radio. In that moment, though, I let it slip past me and grow puzzled when I realize that there is a bandage on me, yet the wound apparently hasn't been closed.

''What? Do I not have stitches on?'' I question loudly, pulling up the hem of my shirt and laying down to release pressure from my abdomen, before taking off the bloodied bandages someone had obviously put on me while I was asleep, ''I thought that the bandage is there because I'm already done. How long was I out? This is telling me it hasn't been that long.''

''You've been in and out of it for several hours. Raven is trying to contact the Ark," chirps a new voice; it's Octavia. She offers me a timid smile and then looks over to Bellamy, nodding towards him in a silent signal. The eldest Blake then mumbles something among the lines of needing to find the guys and leaves without saying a word, leaving me with his sister. Before I can speak, the volume once again rises in the ship.

''Yes, I'm sure!'' I hear a familiar voice insist from the other side of the room. Sure enough, when I tilt my head back, the upside-down image of my best friend stands beside a stray table cluttered with bits and pieces of mechanisms and devices, and she is engaged in a withering standoff with the radio.