[ 15 ] forgive me now

1

1.15. | FORGIVE ME NOW

___

THE SCENE THAT takes place before my eyes could make even the coldest heart bleed easily. Bellamy Blake stands just mere feet away from me, tying seatbelts together to form a noose. And what am I doing? What can I be doing? Absolutely nothing. All I am capable of is just sitting and staring with tear-blurred eyes, attempting to break my hands free from the seatbelts that are digging into my flesh painfully, the skin beneath them red and hot to the touch. It's no use — my attempt of escape is fruitless, ineffective.

"Now get up and toss it over."

My eyes momentarily leave Bellamy and slip to Murphy, pleading, "Murphy, don't do this. Please."

He doesn't even bother to react or reply; instead, he intently gazes at Bellamy, "Maybe I should gag her again. What do you think, Bellamy?"

He throws the tied seatbelts over a support beam, stopping to look at the delinquent, "What do you want me to say? You want me to apologize? I'm—" he attempts to step forward, but Murphy tilts his firearm higher, aiming at him, so he stops in his tracks, "—I'm sorry."

The smug smirk that appears on Murphy's face makes me want to scratch it off. It's a shame I can't do much when my hands are tied. "You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... Then I want you to die."

I try to break away from the chair, but to no avail — I cry out as the skin below the rough material of my restraints finally breaks. Bellamy's head snaps in my direction, eyes glistening in the poor lighting, before he addresses the vengeful boy, "Why does Emily have to be here for this? What has she ever done to you? Just let her go! She wasn't even there."

Murphy shakes his head, that sadistic grin glued to his face, "Nah, I don't think I will. I might leave her be, but I'll just make her watch you die. Sound good, Em?" He mocks.

I jerk in my seat one more time, growling at him, "Don't you dare touch him, Murphy!"

"I won't. In fact, he'll do it all by himself, won't he?" He shrugs almost carelessly, pointing out a stool for Bellamy to take. He drags it over to the place where the noose threateningly hangs above his head.

''Bellamy, do not listen to him!'' I warn, kicking my legs around in a pathetic attempt of freeing myself. The ties don't even become loose.

Murphy drags a hand down his face, ''Okay, that's it, the seatbelt is going back on.''

And it does. Just seconds later, I am gagged once again and Murphy has his attention back on Bellamy, who now stands on the stool, glaring at the teenager that holds the end of the seatbelts in his hand, ''Put it over your head.''

I start whimpering, shaking my head continuously.

''This is insane, the Grounders could—''

I clench my eyes shut as a gunshot rings through the air — a gunshot that is aimed at me. Luckily, it's just a warning for now, with the bullet leaving a blackened, smoking stain on the floor beside me.