[ 11 ] emili kom skaikru

[ 2

[ 2.11. EMILI KOM SKAIKRU ]

_

I WAS TIRED.

That was the thought I held onto, in fear I might go insane if I didn't focus. Or, maybe, I already had. I mean, if you asked me what happened in the past few hours, I'd look at you and laugh. Do you know why?

Because I had no fucking clue.

I had absolutely no clue what's been happening for the past couple of days. I almost died in the fog, then I was on the verge of basically losing my sight, then I got scared of Lincoln and then Octavia returned with a grounder. Who even is he?

My head hurt from both; the confusion brought by too many things happening at once, and the expression my face held as I stared up at the sky with my jaw clenched and brows furrowed. The sunlight was burning my eyes, too, which only added to the headache, but I had no intention of moving. I'd rather just lay still and relax while I can, before Clarke and Finn git back. Though I doubted I'd get to the relaxing part.

I remained still, my arms limp by my sides as a long, heavy sigh escaped past my lips. I didn't move at all even when I heard footsteps, the ground crunching beneath the feet of whoever it was approaching me. Soon enough, the familiar frame of Bellamy was standing beside me, while my eyes stayed on a single point further along, where trees ended and several birds towered over, wings flapping cheerfully.

With a sigh, Bellamy lowered himself to the ground and sat by my side. A second went by as he looked at me. Then, he laid down in the same position I was in. Only then I took my eyes off of the blurred birds and eyed the man beside me.

As my attention went back to the previous scenery, Bellamy shuffled around, getting comfortable, before he spoke.

"Em?" I merely hummed in response, "How are you?"

I thought about it for a second, biting my lip, before settling on an answer, "Eh, 'm fine."

It went silent as my eyes trailed after the three birds, circling one another and chirping loudly. It almost made me feel envious, really, as I watched the small animals fly freely, like there was no trouble at all and they could celebrate it as loudly and obnoxiously as possible, with occasional shrieks over the usual melodies. The song was almost enough to help me feel at peace for atleast a second, for a couple of moments where I could breathe freely and feel no pressure, for a single minute of happiness and content..

But could a couple of birds really ensure my safety with a single action, a distant caress of glee while everything else around me was brought to ruins by the fires of war and anger which seemed to follow us all?