[ 17 ] the move was made

y'all better vote for this chapter and the previous two after this, or else

[ 2.17. THE MOVE WAS MADE ]

-

"WE'RE A LITTLE late," I shrug, approaching the radio as soon as the three of us are in the safety of the room, "Boo-hoo."

Bellamy sighs, leaning against the wall next to me. There's a barely noticeable side-smile playing on his lips as he grumbles, "Just call them, Em."

"As you wish," I reply, already pressing down the button of the radio, "Ark station, do you read me? This is-"

"No code names."

"Gah!" I tilt my head up to stare at the ceiling, "You're no fun, Benjamin. Ark station, is anybody there?"

"Emily, you're late! Every three hours means every three hours," Clarke's voice scolds through the creaky static. I understand her worry, but there's a limit to what we can accomplish between these walls.

"Bellamy and I sincerely apologize. Now, are you done?" I ask, glancing at Bellamy with a roll of my eyes. He looks like it's taking him a lot of strength not to rip the device out of my hands. Can't blame him.

There's a moment of silence before the sound clicks and begins hissing again, "Have you found the source of the acid fog?"

I send Bellamy a concerned look, gazing at him as I reply to Clarke, "Yeeeaaaah, no. We have to put that aside for now."

"What? No! Nothing is more important than that."

Finally, Bellamy waves his hand in request, accepting the radio from my hand, "Our friends are. They're starting to take them from the dorm, one at a time, every few hours."

"Taking them where?" Raven's voice suddenly appears; my lips curl up into a small smile.

Bellamy sighs, looking down, "We don't know. We tried to follow them, but they went to a classified level. Maya borrowed the schematics of the vent system from her boss and we're still trying to find a way in."

My eyes trail to Maya, who's silently sitting behind us, and I offer her a curt nod of encouragement, since she looks particularly upset at the moment. Her involvement in our overwhelmingly dangerous mission has been something unexpected, but I'm glad we have someone like her that can help us.

"Anything?" I ask while we're still on the appropriate topic.

"I- I think I found a path, but it's gonna be tight. I also got the walkies Raven asked for, and the earbuds," Maya stammers out quickly, extending her hands out with the walkies. I accept them both, passing one to Bellamy.