[ 07 ] the thanks they got

1

1.7. | THE THANKS THEY GOT

___

MY MIND IS CLOUDED OVER and it feels like I am trapped in my own body as it trashes violently, the crown of my head hitting against the metal floor. My eyes are half open, that much I know, yet I still can't see a single thing. I can only sense my own shaking, that very same constant shaking that terrifies everybody in the room, as multiple pairs of hands attempt to grab me and hold me so I don't hurt myself.

I can't think. I can't see, I can't even breathe as white foam cascades down my now turned-over head that someone grabs ahold of, along with a pair of arms supporting the rest of my body so I don't fall on my back and choke. Over the muffled yells of people around me and groans of pain, I hear constant ringing in my ears. Then, my body slowly starts to calm down, stopping the trashing and staying almost still, only twitching every now and then. Half conscious, I barely make out a figure holding a wire in both of their hands, blurred sparks flying around. Yells still fill the air as I breathe out and my head makes impact with the floor, before something is attached to my lips, an unknown liquid flowing down through them.

___

''Son of a bitch..'' I rasp out quietly, my voice hoarse and barely audible. My eyes are closed, head is pounding, so opening my eyes turns out to be a challenge.

''Emily, you're awake,'' a girl's voice chirps, the sound of footsteps growing louder with each step taken.

Lifting my hand up to my face to literally pull my eyelid up weakly, I muster a grin at the sight of Octavia, ''Hi, there.''

''Hi,'' her lips curl into a smile, though it doesn't reach her eyes, ''how are you feeling?''

''Like I've been poisoned,'' I grunt when the girl helps me sit up from the cot I'm laying on, ''Is Finn okay?''

She produces a small nod, ''Yeah, he's sleeping right now. He woke up before you did.'' Octavia then takes a small step backwards, revealing a passed out Finn on the same bed I recall him, well, basically dying on.

My mouth twitches, almost forming another smile, but then our gazes lock and whatever is left of the relief melts away upon recollection of how Finn and I got to this point, ''The antidote. Did they–''

She nods before I can form a coherent sentence, her lips in a firm line and eyes clenched shut, ''Bellamy and Raven both tried. But I got it in the end.''

With that, she gestures to a piece of fabric tied around her arm, my gaze slowly trailing over it, then promptly jumping back to meet her's. I try to ignore the disappointment deep within my chest and instead, I focus on showing my gratitude to the teenager that risked everything so that Finn and I could live, ''Thank you. I'm sorry you had to go that far to save our lives.''

''They were torturing him. I knew he wouldn't help them, but he would help me. Bellamy hit him, stabbed the palm of his hand, and Raven electrocuted him.''