[ 09 ] cuddle buddies

[ 2

[ 2.9. CUDDLE BUDDIES ]

-

AS WE STOOD THERE, embracing each other for what felt like hours, I felt myself forgetting all my troubles and the heart ache that followed me around like a shadow. Instead of aching, my heart decided to occupy itself by pounding against my chest. I could feel it. Hear it in my ears, even if I tried to focus on Bellamy's steady, calm breathing. Every single dull thunk echoed in my head as if a constant, rub-in-your-face reminder of oh, my God, it's totally Bellamy who's making your heart go crazy, and you know it. And I did. I knew.

My heart continued doing cartwheels in my ribcage as Bellamy's arms suddenly tightened around me, a feeling of unexpected dizziness taking over me and every cell. The endings of my nerves were as awake as ever, making me feel like my whole body was covered in shivers. What made me feel even more alerted than I already was, was the feeling of another heartbeat interrupting mine.

Bellamy's heart was also aware of our tight embrace, each beat knocking against his chest in a steady, yet still picked up pace. His heartbeat pressed against my cheek.

Then, he let out a small sigh and moved his head from the top of mine so his cheek pressed up against my forehead.

Holy shit, holy shit, holy sh-

"Yo, cuddle buddies!"

The voice made us part and turn around abruptly, facing a smug Raven quite a distance away from us. While Bellamy raised an eyebrow, I flailed my arms out to the sides.

"We gotta get rolling. Clarke's got another mission." The brunette called, causing Bellamy and I to exchange a curious look, before his hand placed itself on my back and guided me to Raven.

As we reached her side, she opened her mouth to comment, ending in me cutting her off with a nudge to her ribs.

-

The journey was far more awkward than I had expected with Abby, Finn and multiple guards from Camp Jaha being there, so, instead of lingering to the back of the group with Clarke and Abby, I joined the Blake siblings up front.

Octavia seemed to be having some problems with our group, too, as she finally broke the silence between us three, commenting, "I can't believe they let Finn come."

While I merely glanced at the boy in question, Bellamy answered, "He's the best tracker we've got."

"The best candidate to protect us, too." I mumbled, making Octavia turn to look at me. The girl had a horrified, yet slightly amused look on her face.