[ 15 ] reaper raid

[ 2.15. REAPER RAID ]

-

WE ARE ON the move almost immediately after Raven tells us what exactly we have to find inside Mount Weather to be able to communicate with them and get rid of the acid fog. We also get dressed in full grounder attire and I end up with the signature braided look, only I had decided to keep it simple and just asked Octavia to quickly put my hair into two french braids, with two tiny ones being woven into them from the sides of my face (although that was Octavia's idea, just to make it was more complex and grounder-like).

Lincoln doesn't waste any time; he swiftly leads Bellamy and I through the darkened trees until morning comes and I can finally run without worrying about branches and roots being the reason I trip almost every few seconds.

We travel in complete silence and without breaks. Even when I feel like I'm being ripped open from inside by shortness of breath, I'm thankful we don't actually have to communicate, as I am still too worked up over Clarke's sudden change in demeanor. I really don't understand what changed her mind, but I try not to dwell on it too much, as right now, I feel nothing but frustration towards my friend and I don't need any distractions when we finally break into Mount Weather.

Only after a while we get our long anticipated break, when Lincoln makes his way towards a now dead deer, collapsing next to it on his knees, after ripping the spear out of the carcass. I stand aside, curiously watching his next move as Bellamy scans the trees, before his eyes land on Lincoln again.

My stomach churns when he pulls out a knife and cuts open the flesh of the animal, before smearing his fingers with its blood and proceeding to run them over his face and clothes.

"Okay," Bellamy kneels beside him, "so we make it to the intake door without any of the real reapers seeing us. What happens then?"

I shift closer so I'm able to hear the plan and also show that I'm actually listening and the dead deer right in front of me doesn't bother me at all.

"I kill everyone and you slip inside," Lincoln replies curtly.

I bite my lip, frowning, "What if there are too many?"

The grounder is quick to dismiss my concerns, "Your main goal is to get in, I worry about my part. The fight will be a decent distraction," he turns to Bellamy, "limestone."

Bellamy passes Lincoln the small sack of the powdery substance and the latter is quick to drag three white lines across the side of his face, before he orders us to go once again, "We have a lot of ground to cover before dark."