[ 18 ] warm welcome

[ 2

[ 2.18. WARM WELCOME ]

-

IT FEELS LIKE my heart is wildly dancing around in my ribcage, a celebratory spring leading a smile into stretching across my still burning lips.

Come to think of it, I quickly realize the inappropriateness of our timing; Bellamy and I really labelled our relationship in the middle of a mission that leads a question between life and death, quite literally. But, in some way, I'm glad we had our defining moment right then and there; after all, I can't predict the future and we never know what could go south.

Atleast the newfound joy allows me to work faster and with more enthusiasm; the gleeful burn in my heart amplifies when I think of my friends, which I'm meeting in just a couple of minutes.

Speaking of, I remember to ask for directions after I've distractedly almost slammed my head into a wall between several paths, "Eyo, Raven? I need some help."

"What a surprise. How far did you get from your first spot?" The voice replies instantly.

"Uh, not that far. I'm in front of a three way intersection," I inform, excitement finally toning down, even if my nerves still buzz in anticipation; I need to focus.

Raven is heard humming on the other side of the call, before she perks up, "Take the one further to the right and just walk-- sorry, crawl--" I jokingly curse at her, "--all the way through. You'll be there soon."

"Wow, that's-- Damn, I'm actually nervous," I chuckle quietly, turning to the path Raven had just confirmed.

"Hey, it will be okay," Raven assures, before I sense hesitation in the radio silence that follows. After a moment passes, she speaks, "Is Bellamy still on the line?"

Bellamy. Boyfriend. A cheesy grin spreads across my face again, "Nah, not yet. Why?"

"Well," there's a certain teasing heard in her tone now, a stark contrast to her previous uncharacteristic, unsure questioning; when I realize that must've been an act, I bow my head. Shit. "I guess someome forgot to turn off their earpiece just a couple of minutes ago."

I let out a cheery laugh that quickly dies down in my throat, "What do you me-- Oh. Oh."

"That's right, oh. So, was that your first kiss or have you two smooched before?"

I sigh, seeing how there's no point in denying Raven's correct assumption (she heard it all, obviously, and to be honest, I'm pretty fucking embarrassed), "No, that was our first kiss."