[ 12 ] spacewalker, pt. i

[ 2

[ 2.12. SPACEWALKER, PT. I ]

-

''I DON'T KNOW, OKAY,'' I sigh helplessly, running a frustrated hand through my hair, ''I don't know. I'm just so tired and sick of all this, and.. and scared, I guess.'' In this moment, I am talking to Bellamy, answering his questions about how I was feeling.

It has been another day after Lincoln's death and then, well, his resurrection, and now, we are back in the safety of Camp Jaha, waiting for Clarke's arrival back from her meeting with the Commander. It is nighttime already, leaving us to sit in the dark as we wait for the news of a potential alliance under the night sky and its sparkling stars. A chilly breeze is moving past us every now and then, occasionally earning weak shivers from me as I press my side against Bellamy's for warmth.

''Can't say I don't understand where you're coming from,'' he replies, pursing his lips momentarily, before tilting his head down to the side to look at me, ''But Clarke is coming back soon. We called truce.''

I look down at the rifle in my hands, given to me after Abby had agreed to make us guard, "You really think this alliance will work out?"

When I look back up at him, he exhales loudly as I lean my head against his shoulder, ''I hope it does.''

''Me, too.'' I whisper, feeling the corners of my lips weakly twitch up as Bellamy rests his head on top of mine, though still alert of his surroundings, ''We need them to save everyone from Mount Weather. God, I miss them. Everything's been so hectic, I haven't even had the chance to really think about them.''

Bellamy seems to be sinking deep in thought, muttering, "So many of our people stuck in that damn montain, waiting for their que to be drained of blood.''

I feel myself shudder and get angrier at the same time, Bell's words sinking in, the weight of too many chaotic thoughts leaning my frame down. My fists tightly clench around the rifle as I let my shoulders hunch in defeat, ''I wonder if they know they're in danger. Surely Aiden or Monty could figure out that something's not clear, they're smart.'' My heart leaps in both joy and sadness when the images of my friends' faces float by my eyes, remembering the times when everything was much easier.

As I mention Aiden's name, Bellamy shifts around, tense. He tilts his head back to its original position, both of us continuing to stare straight ahead, between the dark forest.

''Never thought I'd say this, but it's been boring without him. He used to get really annoyed when I called him by random names.'' Bellamy admits, a hint of amusement lacing his tone as I raise my head from his shoulder, looking up at him with a faint smile playing on my lips.