Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I looked out towards the ocean spotting the boat that was supposed to be hosting the party. Quickly I turned around and started to walk down the road and towards the place we were staying at for the night. A feeling of sea sickness passed over me before going away just as quickly as it came.

Meko and Red would be leaving me and Lucy tomorrow as they couldn't delay their trip any longer than they already have. Neither wizard told me which guild they were joining or even what their purpose to it was. Surprise had flashed through me when I had asked Red about it and he brushed me off.

Even though Lucy had gone alone to the party saying the guy was going to let her join Fairy Tail if she did, I had gotten a bad feeling. I didn't want anything to happen to my blond-haired friend but pushed the feeling away assuming that it was only part of my imagination. The party couldn't be that bad if it was being hosted by a guy from a famous guild.

Feeling this sudden pull I looked once more towards the boat, knowing that I was only to make myself sick. My full body twisted as I grabbed the railing to see smoke coming from it. I could tell that something had happened and that something wasn't good.

Wasting no time, I jumped over the railing wondering if Lucy was okay and what was happening. Houses and shops blocked my view of the ocean as I took off running but I knew that I was going in the right direction. Only I wasn't sure how I was going to make it without Meko and her ice magic.

The ground vibrated suddenly as water splashed onto the shore, knocking me off balance and causing me to almost fall on my face. I looked up as I grabbed the edge of the building to see a boat laying a little ways in front of me. Shouting came from the areas around me, as more people stepped out to see what was happening.

Taking a deep breath, I smelled Lucy on the boat and that male mage that we had lunch with earlier. Other scents came to me next telling me just how many females had been on the boat as it crashed to shore.

Shaking my head, I took off towards the boat once again hearing sounds of fighting from inside. The wood railing was broken and holes from the crash covered the boat. Jumping onto it before using my nose I was able to quickly find Lucy and that pink-haired male mage.

I entered the room scanning around as I spotted Lucy staring in shock as the male ate fire. A thought crossed my mind before I quickly shook it away. Right now it didn't matter to me what type of mage he was, as long as he was on my side. I leaned against the door, watching with a smile on my face as the fire completely disappeared into the male.

"Thank you for the food." Natsu the 'fire mage' said as he looked towards the so-called Salamander.

"What is he?!" Salamander shouted in shock.

I observed noticing that the others in the room seemed to be just as shocked as him. Lucy finally took notice of me as I nodded my head at her but kept quiet. Something about this just didn't feel right to me but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Wow, his magic is so much like Beau's!" Lucy exclaimed in shock as she looked towards the blue short-haired cat. "Only I don't think she can eat the fire."

I chuckled knowing that we hadn't run across any trouble that would allow Lucy to see just how much better my magic was then this male's. "I'm all fired up." I said taking a step forward looking for a piece of action.

Standing back and remaining calm wasn't who I was and I wasn't about to change either. The pink haired male's head snapped in my direction as I stepped closer to Lucy. A look that I couldn't place passed across his face.