Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

My head rested on the table as we learned about the mage that just came in. Natsu had just been defeated by Erza after the two of them returned from the council. All in all, everything was returning to normal.

Master said that I could now go on jobs on my own if that's what I wanted. Though he did tell me to try not to destroy anything. I was still staying at Lucy's place, still unable to find one of my own.

"Laxus! Fight me!" Natsu shouted as he jumped onto a table.

"You were just defeated by Erza." Someone said at the over crazed 'fake' dragon slayer.

"He's right. If you can't even win against Erza, you won't stand a chance against me." The male said as he looked down at us from the second floor.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Laxus Dreyar, one of the strongest mages here at Fairy Tail." Gray explained.

A dark aura sounded Erza as she stood up. "What's that suppose to mean?" She challenged, glaring at the male.

What made her so made? "Hey, Erza, calm down."

"I mean, I'm the strongest." Laxus shouted.

"Come on down, bastard!!" Natsu shouted.

"Why don't you come up?" An grin stretched across Laxus face as he looked down at Natsu.

"Bring it on!!" Natsu shouted as he ran for the second floor.

I watched as Master squashed Natsu, making the male into nothing. "You can't go to the second floor, yet." He said, letting out a sigh.

"Ha ha!! You got scolded." Laxus taunted as he remained in his place.

"You too Laxus, stop it." Master ordered, as he kept his fist covering Natsu.

"I'll never give Fairy Tail's strongest position to anyone else. Not to Erza, not to mystogan, not even to that geezer." Laxus said. "I'm the strongest!!" He shouted.

I jumped up and from my seat. "Than fight me and prove it! I'm the newest member of Fairy Tail, Beau! And I refuse to allow someone like you to claim something so outrageous! And if you refuse it'll go to show just what type of person you are."

"Why would I waste my time on small fry like you." Laxus said, not bothering to look at me.

"Than go ahead and run with your tail between your legs. Tch, I actually thought you might not have been all talk but I guess I was wrong." I growled turning away and walking to the door. "Everyone else might be weak but you're the weakest of them all."

Lightning flashed in front of me before he appeared. "What did you say, punk." Laxus asked as others gasped at the outcome.

I looked at him before I continued to walk, hitting his shoulder with mine. "That you're a coward and the weakest link to this guild." I said, tugging at the scarf I wore. "Lucy, I'll see you later." I called out, raising my hand and waving it.

A hand fall onto my shoulder, stopping me from taking another stop.

"Don't do it Laxus!"
"Let's Beau go!"

Members shouted as I looked over my shoulder to see electric clacking from the male. Was he going to fight me now or was he trying to intimidate me.

"She wanted to fight, didn't she? So stay out of it." Laxus snapped as lightning flashed behind him, stopping anyone from taking a step closer. "I heard you used the same magic as Natsu but you think you can beat me with simple fire magic."

I chuckled rocking my body onto the ball of my feet as I stepped out of Laxus grip. "He has nothing on my type of magic. I'm as real as Dragon Slayers get." My eyes flashing to everyone that was still inside the guild before going back to him.

"You think you'll be able to beat me?" I watched him closely as he became suddenly serious. "Don't make me laugh. You nothing but a pesky flea that shouldn't have joined this guild to begin with. What was the old man thinking."

"Bas- Guaaaaah!!" My legs collapsed under me as lightning suddenly struck my body.

I heard as the bastard laugh. "You can't even hand one of my attacks! And you think you're strong!" He shouted as the area I stood on suddenly blew sending me backwards.

A scream of pain escaped me as I felt the electricity in his attack. I really underestimated him. I should have expect him to be this strong but with how he dismissed everyone so easily I couldn't let it pass.

"Stop! Laxus!" Erza shouted.

I looked up to see her and Gray standing at the door glaring at the male. "She wanted to fight. Stay out of it." Laxus warned as he remained facing me.

"She had enough! You proved your point." Ezra growled.

"Shut up!"

I moved dashing past the male and in front of the guild. A scream escaped me as I took the bolt of lightning head on once again. Pain spread through me as his attack stopped after a few seconds.

"St..ay...o..ut...of...thi...s..." I gasped out between breaths. "Bastard! Attacking his own guildmates. Such a dirty move."

"Hahaha, you're still standing!" Laxus laughed as his grin widen. "I must've gotten soft if someone like you are able to still move. And they should know not to annoy me or be prepared to face my wrath."

I took off at him, the first few steps became unsteady before they firmed. "You bastard!!" I shouted, throwing my fist at him in blind rage. "You don't do that to family!"
He grabbed my hand our bodies inches apart. "What do you know about family!? You know nothing so just shut up! And stay down!!" He shouted, lightning stabbing through me again.

I fall to the ground, feeling how he held my body up by my wrist. He was toying with me before. This was nothing like the others.

Just how strong was this male before me.

"How lame and you didn't even use your magic." He said throwing my body away from him. "I expected to much from a weakling."

I watched as he walked away and back inside of the guild. My body hurting as it felt like I was still being hit with his electric. He brushed past Erza and Gray, as both clenched their hands together.

"I will never accept such a weakling like you into this guild. You are no Fairy Tail member." His words ringed hate as they reached me. "What a waste."

I closed my eyes feeling anger fill me. I shouldn't have been beaten so easily. I shouldn't have thought so little of him to begin with.

Hands touched my shoulder causing me to open my eyes to see Lucy kneeling over me. Worry appeared in her chocolate eyes as she looked down at me.

"Why would you do that! He looked down on Erza and you saw how strong she is. So why did you challenge him?!" Lucy asked, as tears filled her eyes.

I laughed, a grin staying on my face as I looked at her. "Because he dissed her to easily and I couldn't let that happen. I needed to see just how strong he was and if I would be able to beat him." I said, turning my head to look at the blue sky. "I was impatient and had allowed him to control my anger. That was why I lost."

"You idiot! I was worried!" Lucy shouted as she grabbed me into a hug. "Don't be so reckless like that! It's bad enough that Natsu is but you should know better."
I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around her and looked over her shoulder to see the others standing outside as well. "I'm as reckless as can be. Now let's go get some food!" I shouted pulling Lucy up and towards the guild hall. "I'm hungry!!"

I found myself stumbling a few steps but someone grabbing me and stopping me from falling. "You're going to be the death of us." I looked up grinning at Gray as he helped me.

"Really, did you have to provoke him." Erza said as she slapped my shoulder.

I watched as the others slowly talked to me as well. Showing worry at my stupid actions but smiled at me nonetheless. It wasn't so bad being part of Fairy Tail after all and I think it would be nice to have a home for a while.

As long as everyone else accepted me I didn't need Laxus approval.