Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

I sat next to Lucy and at the bar watching as everyone continued to work to finish the guild. Watching Mirajane I knew that she had something to announce and that she'd be saying it soon.

"Everyone! You can all take jobs again starting today!" She shouted, waving her hands. "It's just a temporary counter, but do all the jobs you can!"

"About time!" I shouted, grinning. "I was wondering how much longer I'd have to wait to beat someone up."

"You're not suppose to enjoy it." Lucy groaned.

I chuckled, slapping my hand on the table. "And you're suppose to be more excited then you are, Lu! We can finally get back to making money!" I moved, standing up. "Don't you wanna earn some rent?"

"What's up with them?" Lucy asked, looking around me and to the job board that was being sounded. "Usually they're just hanging around not taking jobs."

"Who wouldn't be all fired up about it!" I said, making no move to join everyone at the board. "But they better leave a good job for me or faces are going to get burnt."

"You're not suppose to be smiling when you say that!" Lucy shouted, causing me to fill amused. "Come to think of it, is Loki here?" She asked, looking around.

Why would Lucy want Loki?

"Oh don't tell me, you've fallen head over heels for Fairy Tails resident playboy." Mirajane joked.

I laughed as Lucy head whipped around to her. "It's not like that!" She shouted.

"Oooh, it looks like that." I cooed, leaning towards her.

"It just that it sounds like he found my keys for me. So I wanted to thank him." Lucy said, ignoring my comment.

She total fall for him.

"Well, I don't think he's around." I said, not catching his scent.

"I'll tell him if I see him." Mirajane said. "So were your celestial spirits mad at you for dropping their keys?"

Looking around, I listened to their conversation without putting any more input in. The group around the board was slimming down and soon I'd be able to pick a job for me and Lucy to go on.

Or at least me.

"I can cool it for you." My head snapped towards Gray as a frown formed on my face at his words.

"That sounds like sexual harassment." Lucy said, coldly.

I cracked my knuckles as I took a step towards the Ice mage. "Look here, stripper, no one but I can touch Lucy in that manner!" I warned, fire crackling around my fists as mist formed around mine.

"That's even worse sexual harassment!" Lucy shouted.

Natsu and Happy jumped into the conversation quickly as well. If it hadn't been for the flying barrel that came out of thin air -- probably masters doing once again -- I would've knocked him senseless.

Looking in the direction that it came from I saw Erza having it with Luxas.

"Try saying that again!" Erza shouted.

"What's going on?" Lucy and Gray wondered.

"Erza?" I mumbled.

Usually she's the one that kept her cool.

"Since I'm here, let me make things nice and clear. Weaklings don't belong in this guild!" Luxas wore a mocking grin as he looked down on us. "Man, you guys are pathetic, letting Phantom make a mockery of you." He turned his head looking at Jet and Droy. "Actually, I'm glad I don't even know your names."

I clenched my fits as I glared at him. His eyes quickly falling onto Lucy.

"And you, rich celestial wizard girl. You were the main culprit!" He continued, placing blame on everyone else. "It was your fault that --"

"Laxus!" Mirajane shouted. "It's all over now. No one's playing the blame game! The Master says we're not even allowed to blame you for refusing to help us!"

"Stop your whining. That had nothing to do with me." He snapped, standing up. "You wouldn't have had any trouble even if I'd been there, though."

"I've heard enough out of you!"

"Bastard!"

I wasn't the only one that had enough of the male. Natsu reached Laxus before I did, his punch passing the male before it could even land a hit on him. Using Natsu failed attempt, I shifted the direction that I had been aiming.

Luxas caught my foot in his hand.

My eyes burned with rage as I threw the other way at him to get free. Electric wrapped around him as flames sparked from me. I couldn't get stronger if I continued to hide the Dragon Slayer magic that I really had.

I would continue to lose if I hide my power anymore.

Luxas disappeared once again and I had expected it. I landed on the ground my eyes snapping to were he appeared once again a few feet away.

"Laxus! Fight me, you heartless bastard!" Natsu shouted, from behind me. "Beau, stay out of this!"

Laxus laughed, brushing Natsu off. "How do you expect to fight me if you can't even catch me?" He asked, mocking Natsu. "Once I inherit the guild, I'm kicking every last wimp out."

"I can." I snapped, going at him once again.

The only sign I had before the attack came was the wind that brushed past me, my hair moving. Luxas knocked me into the ground, his elbow digging into my back as his laughter rang out above me.

I snapped, flames covering my body in seconds.

"You'll have to do better then that if you want to touch me, sweetheart." He said, daring me go at him again.

"Beau, enough!" Erza shouted.

I stopped, my nails digging into my palms. "You're not even worth my time." I spit at him before turning. "You call us weak but you're the one doing all the hiding. Everyone here risked something and you --" I shook my head. "You risked nothing. I don't see a powerful man but someone weak."

I walked away from the group and the guild ruins. Fire licked from my skin as I made no move to conceal it or hide the power. I kept my head held up high so no one would think that I was running or showing weakness.

I would defeat him and make him regret his words. We weren't the weak ones.