Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

A feeling of dread filled me, my head snapping towards the Guild Halls. Something was happening up there, possible to Lucy or someone else. Loki appeared next to my side, his expression showing what I was feeling.

"Go." I said, standing tall. "Find Lucy and make sure she's okay. She's the one they want." I ordered, knowing that he would do it.

He nodded, moving to go back. "I'll be back before you now it." He said, a smirk falling onto my face.

"Don't worry to much, Loki. These two will be as easy as pie. Now go!!" I shouted, blasting my fire at the two in front of us.

I didn't need to turn to know that he listened. Loki wouldn't allow harm to come to someone in his guild, something that I was slowly learning. Even if he didn't want anything to do with the girl, he continued to refuse to give her to them.

Red stopped attacking me, allowing me to focus only on Meko. No matter what I was going to have to beat her, and before the next blast came. Cana had already shouted that we had ten minutes but that the others would take care of it, letting me know that I could focus on the fight at hand.

I didn't need to worry about going after Natsu, Gray, and Elfman.

"You're no match, Frosty." I called out, rocking onto my heels. "With Red not helping you I can defeat you with my eyes closed."

"I'll like to see you try, Flame Head." Meko shouted coming right at me.

Lucy, please be safe.

Loki, don't let anything happen to her.

Natsu, Gray, Elfman defeat them for our guild and come back safely.

I dodged her attack thinking that the first victory had been ours and now we needed the second one. They couldn't harm our town no matter what, and that meant stopping them no matter the cost. That meant beating the enemy, even if they were once friends.

I would protect Lucy. I would protect my guild. I would protect everything that had became dare to me over the past few months. Protect the laughs, smiles, and adventures that I had.

Fighting Meko reminded me the number of times I watched Gray fight. Making it find her weakness that much easier. Their styles were similar to one another, though Meko power, and fight behind it, was weaker then his.

It was like she didn't know the real reason she was fighting meaning that she couldn't release her full power. I watched, slamming my fist into her, and knocking her backwards to the edge of the ice she finally gave up. Red moved picking her up before looking at me.

"She's unconsciousness." He confirmed.

I nodded, already expecting that. "Where does that leave you and me?" I asked, wishing not to fight him.

"We fight, much like our guilds until a winner is known." He answered, speaking a lot more then usually. "Lets move from the ice and back up there."

A small sigh escaped me as I nodded my head in agreement. I moved, climbing the rock wall with ease, looking over my shoulder to watch as the guild stopped forming its sign. Relief filled me as I realized that everyone else had done their part and stopped anything from happening to us.

I pulled myself over the ledge feeling as arms wrapped around me. Cana cried, as others cheered behind at that we didn't again. I smiled slightly panting her arm knowing that my part still wasn't done yet.

Looking around I didn't spot Loki making me wonder how he was doing.

A sounded came before the voice of the Phantoms guild master followed. "Attention mages of Fairy Tail." I looked towards their guild hall, dread filling me. "Please listen carefully to this voice."

Voice? Screaming followed after I thought that.

"Lucy!!" I shouted, anger filling me, flames flickering around my hands as I stood up straight.

"We have captured Lucy." Phantoms guild master continued. "So we have accomplished one of our objectives. We now have just one more objective to complete. That would be the annihilation of all of you! Worthless brats!"

"Bastard." I growled out, wanting nothing more to rescue my friend. "Bastards!"