Chapter Twenty-Seven

I stood next to Red as everyone gathered in front of the destroyed guild hall. My hand wrapped in his, neither one of us needing any words for the past events because we both knew that no matter what -- even if we really did have to seriously attack each other -- that we'd have each other's back. I also knew that Red took it fairly easy on me as well.

Meko disappeared somewhere but I figured I would be seeing her soon either way.

Erza managed to get Gray to let up on Red leave him alone for the moment.

Master let out a sigh as he stood before everyone with his back facing us. "It's in ruines. They really did a number on it huh." I looked at the ground wondering why I couldn't have been strong enough to defeat the giant ghost.

"Master." I looked up watching as a depressed Lucy walked towards him. My heart tugged in pain knowing that she blamed herself for everything that had happened. "I'm so sorry."

He turned to face her.

"Ah, child, you've been though a lot lately but don't let it get you down."

I smiled slightly.

"Ya lets see a smile Lucy." My head snapped in the direction the voice had came from.

Levy, Jet, and Droy walked towards us.

"Levy!" Lucy was just as surprised as me.

"Yup, we're back."

"You're alright!"

"We beat phantom so there's no reason for you to be sad." Levy said.

"Sure they might've destroyed our guild hall."

"But we're going to rebuild it even bigger and better."

"Ya."

I smiled, watching as Levy and the Master reassured Lucy in the events that had happened. Levy went to comfort Lucy when she started crying, while the others let out a relief noise when they relieazed that Lucy wouldn't blame herself anymore.

This was what a guild was suppose to be like. We were suppose to act as a family and have each others back no matter how long the person had been in it. No matter where the person had came from or what past they had.

This was something that I was still learning in Fairy Tail.

It wasn't long after that that the rune knights showed up. I watched as they rounded everyone up including me and Red before leading us to a place to talk. My hand tightened on his as I knew that he had to leave before they got to him.

"Red."

"No."

I sighed, following after my guild-mates. "You have to." I said, looking up at him. "Do you remember the last time. It was a mess back then as well."

Red continued to walk ignoring my words.

"Red!"

Heads turned towards us.

"You two hurry up."

I nodded, looking at the ground. Worry feeling me as I wondered what sort of punishment he would have to face. Rather he would be hold responsible with the rest of Phantom or if only their Guildmaster would be.

I didn't want to see him get tossed in jail.

I didn't want to see him taken away.

They separated everyone as we made it to the camp, diving us into small groups before leading each group away.

Lucy, Natsu, Happy, and Erza.

Cana, Gray, Elfman, and Jet.

Levy, Droy, Me, and Red.

My friends getting interrogated on the events that happened.

Levy was the first one in our group to be taken into the tent. Which left me with Droy who appeared to be staring daggers at Red, and Red who wouldn't escape like I wanted him to.

Of course I also knew that if he did escape that the knights would try that much harder to catch him and he would most likely be wanted.

"What is he doing here?" Droy finally demanded, turning his gaze to me.

I grinned widely at the male, sparks flickering around me. "He's my friend." I answered, before looking around. "And they grouped him with us. Go ahead and tell them he was once part of phantom if you dare."

Droy looked away but remind silent.

It was only a matter of time before someone noticed.

The seconds ticked by and finally Levy exited the tent but she wasn't alone. I watched as two of the knights walked towards me and Red, while another went to a small group that was standing near by. They were going to arrest him.

Fear struck me.

Straightening my back I stepped in front of my friend. "Don't come closer. He's not an enemy." I warned, letting Red's hand go.

My stomach filled with butterflies.

"What's going on over there?"

"It looks like they missed a Phantom."

"How?"

"Move out of the way. He will be detained and questioned like your guild but in a different area." I shook my head. "This is your last warning."

"Move Beau." Levy pleaded.

"He was only following orders. I can't." I said, tears filling my eyes. "He's my friend and I can't just move."

"He attacked you!" Someone shouted.

Red did attack me, more then once at that.

So why was I protecting him after everything that happened in the last few days. Why was I protecting the person that betrayed me. He really had meant to kill me just a few days before.

I could still fill his blade entering me.

"Move." It was my finally warning.

I wasn't a match for them. I had little energy left. I wouldn't be able to fight.

Still I shook my head. "No." A hand fall on my shoulder causing me to look up at the male. "No." I mumbled, a tear sliding down my face.

Red nodded, patting my head, before moving towards them. My heart tinged in pain as I watched him walk away from me. He was always leaving me behind no matter where we went and no matter what was going on.

He was always leaving me.

"You come with me."

I numbly followed, unfocused on what was happening around me. I answered the questions they asked even though it didn't register at the moment. I stared straight ahead, behaving like I should.

They must of realized at some point that I wasn't really there because I could remember being walked out of the tent and back to some of the guild members that remind. Lucy, Erza, Natsu, and Gray were among this group. As well as Levy and Jet.

I walked past them and toward town not hearing the words they called out to me.

To me at that moment there was nothing around me. There was nothing that could pull me out of this numbness that I felt.