Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Everyone gathered around in the basement of the guildhall once again, defeated and upset. The guild Master had been taking out, leaving no one in high spirits. No word has reached us on how he was doing either.

I stood next to Lucy, my back against the wall as Natsu was on her other side. Scanning over each Fairy Tail member I notice bandaged arms, legs, and heads. Leaving me to wonder if it had really been that tough of a fight.

Four of them was standing over a map, pointing out different spots that could possible work.

"Their headquarters is here. If we attack them with long distance magic from the southwest hill.."

Others were grabbing magical items to take.

"We're bringing as many bomb la'cryma as possible!!"

"Bring some powerful magic sheets from the storage for the holder mages!!!"

A small sigh escaped me as I remained by Lucys side, knowing that she was upset with herself. I could tell that she was blaming this whole long on her, something that wasn't possible. It wasn't Lucys fault and no one blamed her.

"Don't worry, we'll get them back for this." Gray said, causing me to look up at him.

"I know, I'm not worried about that." Lucy said, looking at the ground. "It's just all my fault."

I could tell that Lucy was about to cry. My hand moved, landing on her shoulder as I remained quiet, not knowing what to say to reassure her.

"Well, daughters from rich families are destined to be targeted and it's a man's duty to protect them." Elfman said, standing slightly behind Gray.

"Give it a rest already." Gray snapped out.

"But I'm surprised, too." Happy said, looking up from the ground. "Lucy, why were you hiding it?"

"I wasn't so much hiding it," Lucy said looking towards the three males. "But I ran away from home so I didn't feel like talking about it. He didn't care about the daughter who ran away from home for a year and now he sudden wants me back... Papa did this so that he could get me back. He's horrible." Lucy cried out.

My heart tugged for her.

"Though all of this happened because I ran away from home in the first place, right?" Lucy asked.

I shook my head, disagreeing. "No." I said, knowing that this was bound to happen one day.

"N-no, that's not right! Papa is the bad one." Elfman shouted.

"Idiot!" Gray said, sending him a cold look.

"Ah.. I mean Phantom!!" Elfman said, getting what Gray meant.

I nodded my head at the ice mage in thanks.

"Because of my selfish actions... I can't believe I caused so much trouble for everyone.." Lucy mumbled, dropping her head once again. "I'm really sorry. Everything would go back to normal if I went home, right?"

"Is that so?" Natsu said, speaking up for the first time since they returned. "I mean, the term "lady" doesn't really suit you, does it?" The males asked.

"Not helping." I said, shaking my head at him.

Just what was he thinking by saying that?

Choosing to ignore me Natsu continued talking. "You fit better in this dirty bar, laughing and merrily going out on adventures. You said you want to stay here. What good would it do for you to return to a place you hate?" The males asked, making sense for the first time. "You're Lucy from Fairy Tail, right? This is your home." He finished pointing at himself as a smirk appeared.

Tears started forming once more in Lucy's eyes. .

"Don't cry it doesn't suit you." Gray growled out.

"He's right!! Men are weak to tears!!" Elfman agreed.

Sensing something going on I looked up spotting Loki watching us. A confused look appeared on my face as I wondered what the male was even doing. Noticing me watching him Loki turned away once again.

"Besides Lucy, who else would give me advise on hot guys." I joked, slugging my arm around her. "Who cares about going back to fancy houses and clothes when you can be in a ruined place like this."

Lucy laughed. "You always know what to say." Lucy joked.

"Ah, someone has to speak the truth. I thought for a second that Natsu was going soft on us." I continued, chuckling. "We can't have our little fake 'Dragon Slayer' doing that."

"What did you call me!" Natsu shouted.

"Oh, did the battle make you deaf?" I challenged sticking my tongue out at him.

"Something cheered you up." Gray pointed out.

A rumbling sounded as the building shook. "What's happening!?" Gray shouted.

"Outside!!"

Everyone ran for the doors to see what was happening. I followed behind, being one of the first few out. My eyes fall upon something walking towards us in the water.
"What is that thing!?" Natsu and I shouted at the same time.

"The guild is walking..." Someone said, freaking out.

"Is it Phantom?"

We watched as it came to a stop in the water. Shock speared through me.

"How do we fight that?!"

I stood frozen unsure just what to do. "I never imagined they would attack us like this.." Erza said, standing towards the middle of the group.

I watched as a cannon came out before a dark ball started to form.

"Run!" Erza shouted. "Get out of here now."

"Erza!" Mirajan shouted.

"Don't be stupid!"

"She requiped."

"Stop Erza!" I shouted, taking a step towards her, arms were thrown around me, stopping me.

"Erzaaaaah!" Natsu shouted.

The blast was coming right for us.

"Get down!"

"Nooo!"

I struggled trying to get to her as the blast ran into Erzas shield. She was protecting us, and alone. She was going to get herself killed.

Dust and rest was blasted at us as the two colloid, hitting us. I watched as Erza was thrown backwards as the attack came to a stop, her armor breaking.

"Erza!" I shouted, breaking free in time to stop her from rolling any farther. "Erza." I cried, pulling her head onto my lap as tears formed into my eyes. "Be okay." I mumbled, watching as she slowly opened her eyes again.

Her body shook from the damage that it had taken. I knew that she would need to rest before doing anymore fighting.

"Idiot." I mumbled, shaking my head. "You made me worry."

I knew if she had been in normal condition that I would have gotten hit for calling her that. Something that was clear by the look that she shot me.

I helped her move, allowing her to lean against me for support. We would have to get her bandaged up quickly, and get her to rest so that she could fight once again. My eyes going to the Phantom guild as I knew that was what was coming.

A big fight.